Founding Fathers and Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by MaDD Hatter, Sep 5, 2009.

1. #1 MaDD Hatter, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
    I'm basically making this thread because i am sick of people insinuating that america was founded on christainty. anyone who says so does not know anything about history. nearly all of the founding fathers were dheist. i am so fucking sick of republican bull shit.

--------------------------------------------

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. "
    Thomas Jefferson

------------------------------------------------

Adams
    "The doctrine of the divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for
    absurdity."

-------------------------------------------

Here's Thomas Paine
    "I would not dare to so dishonor my Creator God by attaching His name to
    that book (the Bible)."

"Among the most detesable villains in history, you could not find one worse
    than Moses. Here is an order, attributed to 'God' to butcher the boys, to
    massacre the mothers, and to debauch and rape the daughters. I would not
    dare so dishonor my Creator's name by (attaching) it to this filthy book
    (the Bible)."

"It is the duty of every true Diest to vindicate the moral justice of God
    against the evils of the Bible."

--------------------------------------------------

Thomas Jefferson
    "I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find
    in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They
    are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men,
    women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been
    burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this
    coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to
    support roguery and error all over the earth."

-------------------------------------------------------

so to anyone wondering
    NO this is not a christian nation
    in fact quite the opposite
    read history, dont trust schools to teach it to you
    dont bring any religious baggage into politics
    fuck chirstianity and everything it has done to this country :D
    peace love
    hope for revolution

2. Treaty Of Tripoli

[​IMG]

3. It was a sad day for true economic conservatism when it became hopelessly intertwined with Christianity. (at least in the minds of the public)

4. maybe the founding fathers werent christian, but you can't deny that our country has a lot of christianity in it. i suggest you read this book [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Family-Secret-Fundamentalism-Heart-American/dp/0060559799]Amazon.com: The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power (9780060559793): Jeff Sharlet: Books[/ame]

5. christan morals and christianity are completely diffrent
    our country may have morality that may be simmilar to christianity but it is in no way connected to christanity whatsoever and i am defintly glad its not

6. Agreed, this nation should allow freedom OF religion and freedom FROM religion. People tend to forget that. All religions should be treated equally under the consitution, and monotheistic religions should get no more quarter than polytheist religions or even atheists.

Sadly, that gets lost in the mix, because of the predominance of Judeo-Christian religions amongst the populace.

7. actually only two where dheist. Your facts are very wrong.

8. I thought I might throw in that Dheist is spelled Deist.

9. The founding fathers were most certainly not atheists.

They were mostly Freemasons pretending to be Christians.

SSSHHHHHH... it's supposed to be a secret.

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/9852381/Manly-P-Hall-The-Secret-Destiny-of-America-1944"]Manly P. Hall - The Secret Destiny of America (1944)@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/9852381?access_key=key-q025fozdi31ibbpy8hg@@AMEPARAM@@9852381@@AMEPARAM@@key-q025fozdi31ibbpy8hg[/ame]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Watch Bill Maher's 'Religulous'. Seeing the thread you have started, I'm sure you'd like it (although it's kind of on the extreme atheist side).

And, I forget which one, but one of the Founding Fathers wrote his own Bible, removing all things he saw as "Ridiculous". The country has simply, over time, become a theocracy as a result of being founded as a democracy.

11. it shouldn't matter what their religion was. we shouldn't be forced to follow whatever religion the founders followed. we should have FREEDOM of religion.

12. I dont see the negativity in the Washington Monument looking like an Egyptian Obelisk, enlighten me maxrule.

13. What the hell are you talking about of course america was founded on good christian values like genocide of the natives stealing the land from them burning at the stake and torturing any of them who had alternate religious views and consumed entheogens in religious context those are all christian virtues i mean didn't you read the old testament where the Gawd is telling them to kill all the heathens and steal their land jeez you noobs don't know shit america is CHRISTIAN as fuck

14. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    aquinus & augustine? the founding fathers of christianity

15. The founding fathers were Satanists... think about it.

The whole philosophy of satanism is to think freely and pursue happiness, and thats the entire basis of America.

Unfortunately Christinsanity/Judaism fucked all of that up.

16. As a democracy we are a government of the people and unfortunately (imo) the people tend to be Christian.

17. #18 maxrule, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009

An oblisk is a symbol of Baal's shaft. You know, Lucifer's pecker, his pud, his cock, his penis. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Get this book and watch your friends eyes become the size of silver dollars when they see how the world builds colossal monuments to the Devil.
    ;)

18. couldnt agree with maxrule more myself.
    god bless america, wait...which god?:rolleyes:

19. no it is your facts that are wrong
    many more than 2 were dheist