Kneel & Pray, it's time for CHURCH

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LBH, Sep 3, 2009.

1. #1 LBH, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    Here we go with a round of "The Church" from GHS. 4 have popped of the 5 so far.

alongside the Church is a strain my buddy has been growing for years. It was originally bought in Amsterdam on a cup trip, he's been making the pilgrimage for years and has some nice beans as a result. I was given a dozen of these so we'll give a batch of them a go and see what we get. For organizational purposes, let's name this "Narragansett ClosetCrack" I live on Narragansett Bay and so does he. Appropriate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the Narragansett ClosetCrack just popping their heads through.

[​IMG]

2. Front row seat bagged right now right here

3. Hell yeah i'm in for this one. I'm a big fan of greenhouse. Good luck dude!

4. Ah, pullin up a chair myself. Really been enjoying following your PE grow, are these going into the same room as that? Also a bit curious how ya came up with the Narragansett name, whats it mean? :eek:
    Anyways, wanna wish these ladies luck, I've got some Greenhouse goin as well. The S. Lemon Haze and Alaska Ice are vegging out nicely for me atm, going to be cloning them later this week :)

Alright that's enuff chatter from me, gl bro can't wait to see the growshow!

5. #5 LBH, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
    Thanks all for participating, I hope this one is as exciting for you as I expect it will be for me.

I feel that all the help I've gotten here in the last few months has me pretty well armed to take on my next 16 week war. I can't wait to redo my closet in preparation for the flowering cycle on this one. The Pineapple Express grow gave me a good idea of how much room a super-bushed out plant will take up and I am modifying the closet to be able to flower 8 plants this time. So far, I have 10 seedlings above ground (YES, THEY ARE MOIST!!!!! lol) and another 4 germing, just in case.......... Yup, Lots of lessons learned last time around.:D

For this grow, expect to see;

-light upgrade, either 250 or 400 w hps lights coming (2)

-Intakes, exhaust and scrubber systems

-A 1-of-a-kind door seal much like the door on a grow tent. It will feature Intakes that will have light traps down near the floor, a heavy duty zipper up the middle/right side for entry, scrubber and heat exhaust up top, a velcro seal for the sides and a sand weighted pocket across the bottom to keep it to the floor. (Best friend does marine/car upholstery-wink) This will allow me to flower and EXHAUST the whole room without letting light in whether the closet door is open or closed.

-LOTS of 4-way lst. Worked great the last time, this time I'm going to push the envelope a little more

-A new topping portion for the "LBH's 4-way lst (w/ topping)" tutorial. better stills and a short video showing exactly what,where and how to pinch the tops off.

Thanks in advance to all who will offer their input on this one too. I really appreciate any and all advice. Please don't be offended if I don't take your exact advice but know I count on having a great pool of opinions to choose from to assist my plants as I see fit. Everyone's input is welcomed here.

Here is today's "Good Morning" pic. Sept 6th, mark it down, the official "Day1" for this grow.

[​IMG]

6. Hallelujah! :yay:It's what god would want. :D

That strain smells worse than any I've grown...you got a carbon scrubber? :D Also a fookin' lovely smoke. Enjoy, I'll be watching. :):smoking:

7. Good morning LBH. I think I will grab myself a chair for this one. Your last grow turned out excellent plus I learned a lot about the PE strain from you which is all good. Church seems to be very popular lately and should help in keeping the faith. I got Blue Widow and Gigabud going right now then it will be a round of PE followed by Paradise Seeds Nebula which looks awesome, this coming winter is looking nice.:D Good Karma coming at ya.

8. #8 LBH, Sep 6, 2009
    Praise be! Praise be! Thank you brotha's and Sista's!!!

Let us all now bow our heads this beautiful Sunday morning,...Bow our heads (to the tube) and radiate in a glorious moment of silence (followed by a bellowing cough and a few gags)

Now turn to your bretheren and offer him the sign of peace (Pass the tube dammit)

Amen

hehe :D

Also being added to the closet will be one of these, a BioKnob. Fingerprint ID door knob

[​IMG]

9. #9 LBH, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    Gecko- Is that giga in a journal? She's next I think. I want to do superglue and giga together. Either that or Flo from DJ Short, can't decide.

10. #10 gecko991, Sep 6, 2009
    Lets have an AMEN to that new Door lock.:hello:fences make better Neighbors. I just bought a new Notebook from Dell yesterday which is being built on there new XPS1340 line frame and has Facial Recognition software which uses a internal Camera/scanner for security, it maps your face.:smoking: I currently have no journals going right now but that might change. The Gigabud by G13 labs looks promising and setup right can produce a ton of spray can sized war clubs, she was a freebie and is doing very well for 8 days in. I will grab a quick shot for ya before the lights go out.

11. Haha that door lock is sick!

12. It's $300 retail. I have a friend in the lock business who will order it for me so I can pay cost. He owes me a favor, I straightened out his car audio system after he decided to try and tune it himself,lol

I was going to just buy the one below and then I remembered good old Jimmy. (Great name for a locksmith,no?) The one below is $90. I'm thinking that is what the fingerprint one will run wholesale.

$89
    [​IMG]

13. #13 LBH, Sep 7, 2009
    Update- No pic as thery are just your basic seedlings but I wanted to report that the 5th CHURCH from GHS never popped.

I really wish I read a little more before ordering a GHS strain. I'm beginning to understand why so many senior growers here have a bad taste in their mouth when the letters GHS are mentioned. It's not just the arrogance of Arjan and whatever his name is.

DJ Short will be next I think. Maybe with another G13 strain. I'm thinking of doing DJ Shorts Flo and G13 Superglue for the next batch. My closet is unheated and I think I can get it pretty cool in there during the off light winter hours. Cold enough to try out a purple strain and Flo just looks so damn pretty.

14. Sorry to hear that LBH. I was lucky enough for my GHS seeds to pop, but with one being Alaskan Ice, I'm worried she might not flower well. I've read some journals on here that say that strain just is not ready for sell, not good for GHS reputation..

Anyways, here's wishin the rest of the babies luck. :wave:

15. yea, smoked365 was growing that but had an issue with a cricket who is no longer alive (bastard) When he planted it (he's a buddy of mine) I read up on it too and found it had it's growing issues but if you got one to finish, you were in for a very special smoke. Good luck with that one and don't be too discouraged if she isn't keeping up with the rest of the pack, it's not you.

Who's that in your avatar, that your grow mascot??

16. I used to use the 'kneel and pray' line on this preacher's daughter all the time. LOL

Pullin' up a chair here too. Great stuff. (call me about that knob)

s

(my alaskan ice 'frigid b' was off to a slow start, but had it's first four sets of leaves before it was 3" tall ; beautiful plant.......dead muh-fuh-cricket though.......that one will haunt me forever......it appears. LOL :D

17. #17 slangheat, Sep 7, 2009
    Haha, yea that's my tokin buddy. He enjoys being around the garden as much as me :)

smoked365, yea I can already tell this girly is high maintenance - And I thought I swore those types off haha! I'll let you know how this one ends up doin for me, vegging her into a mother for clones atm.

Hey LBH do you use the full FF line or just the big bloom?

peace out, slang.

18. Keep doing your thang LB. I've heard great things about greenhouse seeds so may the good vibes be with you. :wave: BTW, have you thought about going with Fox Farm Grow Big during veg?

19. #19 LBH, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2009
    No nutes during veg, just the Big Bloom for flowering. That may change but for now, the plants I've grown don't seem to need it, couldn't be any healthier so why fuck with a good thing and risk them getting burned.

20. hey LBH! Already time to start the next crop heh? Lookin good so far!

I dunno if the technology has upgraded, but anything you can buy that reads your fingerprint sucks... I used to have one for my computer so instead of a password it was my thumb print... oye did I have problems!

[Is that a garden mascot in your avatar?] <~~~ LMAO