Activated carbon diffusion

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by pigstick, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Would smaller pellets work for a triple chamber bubbler if I put in it the first chamber only?

2. I'm not saying you can't do it, but why would you? Would be way messier and not work as well.

3. I've used activated carbon in several different filtering applications, and frankly it sounds like a strange idea to use it to filter your smoke. It is a filter after all... a FILTER, capiche? What makes you think you're only filtering out what you don't want and somehow leaving in what you do want?
    I'll bet you that if you ran your smoke through a long enough carbon filter, that you'd get just air and no dope, so while it may make your hit "smoother and taste better", I'll guarantee you that you're also losing some (albeit a small amount considering it's such a small filter) of the very stuff that gets you high. Cigarette filters do the same - they make the smoke smoother, but they trap a lot of nicotine too ;?D.

4. I cut open small brita filters, and poured the substance into my bong. I used about two whole filters worth.

I then pour in enough water to cover the charcoal/silicate mix, and when I take a pull, it is like pulling through wet sand.

Bong definitely smells better, high does not seem affected. I wanted to try to filter air after water, but I ended up doing this.

Particulate matter and resins certainly still get through, but it cant be any worse.

Thanks to all those who posted their experiments with non-chemical bong filtration. A cleaner smoke is a happier smoke!

5. Could I also put the carbon in my downstem (diffuser)? I have a 4perc ashcatcher on my bong so there's no chance of embers burning the carbon. And I think it would increase diffusion.

6. if put a bag of activated carbon in a toilet roll and blow my weed smoke through it, will it get filter the smell?

7. This is how you do it boys.. Activated carbon (charcoal) has tons of pours which collect all the carcinogens resulting in a cleaner smoother toke. Take my word for it,DONT PUT THAT SHIT IN THE WATER...just a hassle for when you clean your bong.

Attached Files:

8. Is there a screen to keep it from falling through?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. [quote name="YoShytsWeak" post="20818823" timestamp="1414126811"]Is there a screen to keep it from falling through?

There's a downstem kinda piece that sticks out in that chamber, has slits, so basically a little jar for your charcoals c:

10. your diagrams not how I've seen it done? who is you?
    blade in the know

11. lol this thread was already old in 2012

12. Lol i about shit my pants when i saw a post i made in 09!! I was such a dumbass....

13. Hey guys just curious what kind of carbon pellets should I use and where can I get them also I have a transformer tubes with a carbon filter just curious where the best place you recommend to put the filter is like at the top just beneath where the mouthpieces or down at the bottom just of the base before the ice chamber and any of the percolators ?

14. What form does the carbon have to be in the stuff you get at the aquarium are flakes but transformer tubes recommends what they call pipe rocks what I'm using is a carbon filter that I broke into little chunks is this a bad idea or will it still hold the same cleaning principal

15. I built a carbon filter for my #transformertubes bong to fit on the stem I used 16mm to 14mm disposable shot glass shooter they come in a 12 pack from liquor stores or individuals on the inside melted a couple ventilation holes for the bottom and then filled it with Active carbon and a half inch foodgrade plastic tubing from value

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424303699.521308.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424303715.506194.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424303732.727735.jpg

16. Heres what you guys really need..triple filtered mcfinns by si pipes. Charcoal/ h2o/ organic cotton. Smoothest ,cleanest hit you will ever experience.

Attached Files:

17. i use carbon filters not only for my bong but also for my rolls and in my pipes... there is slowly changes in europe, people start to smoke pure weed and stop this terrible habit of mixing it with tobacco (i guess we all have different tastes)
    something like this Smoke Pure Weed Pipes