molasses

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Weedman19, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Really, do you have evidence that Molasses is more effective than most even ALL nutrient company's Advanced nutrients or Dutch Masters?
    I done some of the research on this topic, but I probable need to do more......cause Molasses is alot cheaper to buy than alot of the other brand name products on the market. I always wondered how effective these brand name products actually are? Compared to using just molasses?

lessismore, what kind specially of molasses do you use or recommend using?

2. I use blackstrap molasses from the feed store...5 gallons for $30, practically a life time supply!

3. Ok blackstrap. Thanks......but feed store?....what?:confused:

4. And another question for the people how have used mollasses for years and have the experience.....When do you recommend using it? From when to when? only flowering? last few weeks of flowering? and excally how much per 1 gallon do I add? and do I need to do a major flushing after a few weeks of using the mollasses? and is there any links of mollasses causing root rot or mold to the plant(buds or leaf)?peace.....and thanks...

5. I always go the last week with little if any water, let alone nutes. I use 5 ml per gallon of water at about 6.5 PH. I use it about 2 weeks in, and then not again until the last few weeks. I stop my regular nutes and go molasses and water the last 3-5 weeks depending on strain and flowering time required. You do not need much, in the last few weeks I may use it only 2 or 3 times, and no other nutes.

It is like any other nute, too much can cause problems, but if you read up and there are many links to information on here, you will see it can be very beneficial in the last few weeks of flowering.

less

6. so are you telling me if "round up" fed the microbes in your soil you'd water your plant that too?

7. Do you know how much your post is stupid ?

Exactly learn about carbohydrates before you post stupid shits like this !

Ok leave joint just for 10 min and try to understand.

PLANT WILL UPTAKE MONOSACCHARIDES FROM MOLASSES and there start problem!
    You cant push plant to uptane P and K from molasses but to not in same time uptake "sugar" !!!

Also man who post that picture, when we talk, now do not use molasses like in past grows and he have much more healthy plants.
    How you can talk about that pictures when you dont have ANY fucking info about it ?

8. Outdoormaster,
    Are you stating that if I use molasses my plants will look like those you posted?
    Your outright assertion that this additive is counter productive runs counter to my real world observations.

sinc.
    SlackerBee

9. Yeah feed store....people add it to horse and cattle feed/grain to increase calories and provide minerals.....

I use through all stages without any issues. But like I said before be careful if you use inorganic fertilizers because they can kill the bacteria and microrganisms in the soil creating a buildup of sugars in the soil which can harm the plant....

1 tablespoon/ gallon if planted in ground and 1/2 tablespoon if in containers. Use every other watering.

10. Yup, definitely make a trip to the feed store unless you're only growing a handful of plants :).
    I use M continuously but at a very low rate. Aprox 1 tbsp per 4.5 gallons. I also include kelp @ 1-2 tbsp per 4.5 gallon throughout the life cycle. Veggers get a dash of fish fert added to the mix and flowering plants get 1/3 - 1/2 cup of dry, pelletized organic rose & flower ferts added per batch. I usually try to let my mixes brew for 24 hours, but that doesn't always happen. Cheap, effective and damn difficult to over-feed with this simple system.

sinc.
    SlackerBee

11. Quick question for you Outdo0r, have you ever watered your plants with molasses?

12. Outdoor Masterbator ~ The majority of sugars in the molasses are consumed by bacteria in the soil very rapidly (bacteria will grow exponentially with a food source).

Keep using your chemical ferts and pre-vegging your plants indoors if that works for you but I prefer to take a more natural and economical route......

13. #53 konasuer, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2009
    DAMN DUDE!

This thread got derailed. I expected to find somthing about hydro and molasses by now if outdoor hadn't trainwreched this.

Out door. Spend A little more time on your english studies. Also, Google.com brought me here. So much good information from people doing the same things you are. Its a very helpful community of engineers, doctors, naturists, all walks of lifes here.

So if i had bats that ate sugary fruit.....and shit,(bat guano is very popular for horticulture) and comes from primarily fruit bats......and i feed their shit to my plants it will block of the intake of plant nutes...????

But yeah, im looking into this in relation to bubbleponics, no drip now that root base is solidly in water. If anyone knows doses on this per gal.I'd love some advice, if not I will post soon about this.

Awesome info so far.

Thanks GC

14. #54 Doris_Karloff, Sep 8, 2009

Maybe YOU should do just that.

If I may return to what I said - carbohydrates contain, by definition, carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.

Ethanol - the ´alcohol´in booze - is a carbohydrate - C2H5OH - but is NOT a sugar.

Dimethyl ether - (CH3)2 O - is a carbohydrate but is not a sugar.

Vinegar - a fatty acid - CH3COOH is a carbohydrate but is not a sugar.

I will not bore everyone to death by giving further examples - I said not all carbohydrates are sugars, and have illustrated that with examples.
    Not sure, outdoor, why you appear to be objecting to that CORRECT statement without providing an apparent good reason.

And when you grow up you will learn that it is possible to disagree with somebody without hurling childish abuse.

15. #55 Corto Malteze, Sep 8, 2009
    Yeah what's up with that?
    Like compost, manures, guanos, worm castings etc..., from what I understand, molasses are eaten by micro-organisms who transform the molasses for the plant.

During the whole grow, the plant gives the m-o other things (place to live around the roots etc...) A mushroom settles around the plant's roots, becoming a beneficial association (plant+m-o)called "mycorrize" which benefits the plants and the micro organisms. You bring in m-o with compost, compost teas, manures, castings. They also bring in humic and fulvic acids which are good to (don't know why). But it's only for organic grows. Just my 2c. :D

16. so are you telling me is "round up" feeds the microbes in your soil??? Really...

17. Yes. But it doesn't, so we don't.

I just started molasses on a Skunk #1 grown 12/12 from seed. and got it under a new 70w HPS today :)

18. Outdoor master. you seem to be a pretty insane dueche bag. I dont think anyone can understand a damn thing that your posting. seriously man, you should take some time to re-read your posts and make sure they are legible. and try to chill out.

19. I am trying molasses on my grow this year - solely because people have said it helps to fatten buds - I will see if they are right.

20. Why should I listen for 10 minutes? I have been using molasses for well over 25 yrs, with not one problem, only results. I have done side by side with other so-called bloom boosters and bud candy and sweet leaf...etc....there is NO difference in results, the only differenc eis molasses cost $3 a pint and this other shit cost $15-$20 per liter and you have to use twcies as much. As for info on the pic, you gave the info on the pic, not me, I was going by what you posted and what you said of the picture, so unless you are full of shit, my info is accurate b/c it was based on the info you supplied about the picture. So I have plenty of info on your fucking picture b/c you posted it.

You fuckin crack me up, stop being so goddamn ignorant and think once in a while. You do not have any more experience than several other growers on this site, myself included. Most of us have used molasses for a long time with great results.

less