molasses

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Weedman19, Aug 31, 2009.

1. youre just making this thread more difficult is all your doing...

2. Yes I know Im asshole cause I wont post you here all informations about molasses/sugar/osmosis and all other process and Im asshole cause I push you to research and use google ... but what to do we are all different kind of ppl .... :D

What is your good word to make this thread more educative ?
    What good I can find out from your post about molasses, what I need to research ?

but hey ... I love you too :p

3. I could be wrong, but what your saying is the plant intakes the sugars of the molasses thru the roots and its effects the water or the way the plant takes water or looks like its need water when it doesn't or reverse?

Because from what Im understanding is the molasses is for the microbes in the soil its helps them and in turn those same microbes help the plant intake the ferts...

From a stick here on this site in the "Advanced Growing Techniques" Forum...

original sugar cane or sugar beet are still present in molasses. This is a critical factor because a balanced supply of mineral nutrients is essential for those “beneficial beasties” to survive and thrive. That's one of the secrets we've discovered to really successful organic gardening, the micronutrients found in organic amendments like molasses, kelp, and alfalfa were all derived from other plant sources and are quickly and easily available to our soil and plants. This is especially important for the soil “micro-herd” of critters who depend on tiny amounts of those trace minerals as catalysts to make the enzymes that create biochemical transformations. That last sentence was our fancy way of saying - it's actually the critters in “live soil” that break down organic fertilizers and “feed” it to our plants.

4. that will works if plants do not uptake solutions
    how you can made solution and explain plant for what to use ?
    plant uptake solutions by roots or leaves and I dont see way how we can explain to plant what to use and how ?

Yes plant can uptake sugar but only monosaccharides cause that is used molasses and not RAW sugar from kitchen who are disaccharide but can be even more complex ...
    When plant uptake monosaccharide she become lazy and ... google.com

... sorry but I dont read "facts" about plants or nutrients on Cannabis forums.
    here is reason why
    its token quote from same thread what you quote here

CARBOHYDRATE IS NOT JUST FANCY WORD FOR SUGAR
    , carbohydrate is simplest possible sugar structure and plant can uptake only that sugar
    and
    DO NOT LEARN FROM CANNABIS SITES ABOUT BOTANY & BIOLOGY

5. So then we shouldn't listen to you because your posting on a Cannabis forums... ;)

6. According to Dr. Elaine Ingham, (microbial ecologist at Oregon State University) the molasses is primarily consumed by bacteria living in the soil and while the plant can uptake some of the sugars in the molasses; that is not its main purpose. Molasses is a great ingredient in feeding recipes because of it’s ability to chelate nutrients and bring them to the “table” in a form that can be directly absorbed and used by the plant.

Outdoor Masterbator is correct in that too much of anything isn't good.......I use a max. dose of 1 Tablespoon / gallon and use every other feeding to prevent sugar build up in the soil. If you have a healthy soil, the bacteria should be able to consume quick enough...........

7. so how much per gallon do u use??in flower mode

8. Did I say already 10 times USE GOOGLE.COM or I need couple times more ?
    Also bro ,you start about molasses "facts" but when you got Fact back you start like others ... empty talking.
    Lessismore once said to me "Some breeders sell them their dreams.." its truth many purchase seeds by sweet words ... like here many use molasses but small number of them know how all that works.
    No dont use google, easier is disagree here with me ... for disagre like this do not need knowledge, required is only Internet connection ;)

9. 1 tablespoon / gallon every other watering if plants is in the GROUND. If in containers I use 1/2 tablespoon / gallon every other watering.

10. Some people say a massive difference in yield - some say fuck all. I guess I need to try it for myself - as always !!!

11. Can not disagree with constatation to 1% more yields is better than without that 1%.
    Here we start disagree cause no facts and nobody can say me how molasses/"sugar" can increase yield or what bad effect can be.
    Imposible to micro organism use sugar but to plant do not uptake same molasses solution ... there is much much better way/product to made larger colony of that organism.

Also how is possible to plant uptake sugar but to extra carbohydrates doesnt have effect on the plant ?
    How much sugar plant require for proper growth ?
    Human body also transform food to sugar but how is possible to man can eat so much sugar and to be health ?
    If plant miss sugar, that is cause Light, Water, Heat, CO2 and there none extra sugar cant help her to she be helthy or ...

Molasses is same shit like Cheese ... is that new strain or Skunk #1 or or or ... no matter what is it ITS OVER HYPED.

Grow conditions and growers knowledge bring more yield than that 1%.
    To invest in own knowledge always was good move and alwasy will be good move.

I didnt say here "Listen to me" I just know little more about plant so I just give simple tips what other need to searching for ... when they find that infos they will be reacher for one more experience, his knowledge base will be bigger and I they dont need me any more about molasses/sugar !
    On that way all those informations didnt come from me ... they will come from ppl who give his life reserching about nature ... that ppl have before his name tips like Doctor, Bio Ing. etc etc ... I respect that !

Just its about spended time in researching what they say about sugar .... :wave:

12. Here, I will try to explian this better OutdoOrMaster. In my experience, Molasses is only used by the micro organisms in the soil. It does however help in the break down of nutrients, which make them easier for the plant to absorb and use. It also adds vital trace minerals and mincro nutrients which few nutrients possess. You can use products from Advanced Nutrients, Dutch Masters, Botanicare, I even see Ionic has a new line out, but you are paying $15-$25 per liter for basically the same results molasses gives, and a pint of molasses is like $3 and by using 5 ml per gallon, it last a very long time.

It is not miracle additive, which most of the nutrient companies are claiming with their new products, it is merely a completely organic additive which gives the plants vital trace minerals and micro nutrients not offered in typical nutrients.

So my point is, you can pay for over priced nutrients like Advanced Nutrients offer, or you can pay a little for molasses and get the exact same results.

less

13. Mate, I didnt speak about prices ... that is irrelevant for me if shit are good.

Im more about results.
    What is good results and what bad results is ?

Plant can not understand what solution is good but what bad ... plant will uptake that if moleculs are enough small / moleculs of simple sugars are small ... so she will uptake monosaccharides...what after that ?

There is just word " its good" and nothing about what bad is.
    Also, there is not whats going with plant after uing extra carbohydrates except word " its good".

I say its not good how is presented, also I say there must and can be bad effects & it doesnt work how is presented.

14. My understanding is that MJ and other annuals prefer a bacteria rich soil. The beneficial bacteria will devour the molasses creating an abundance of bacteria that nematodes and other microrganisms will then feed on. If you use chemical fertilizers then i wouldn't add molasses because your soil probably doesn't have enough bacteria to convert it and you could have some negative side effects.

outdoor master ~ you obviously didn't take the time to read the well written sticky posted by Patriofarmer. So here it is again: http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/290744-using-molasses-nutrient.html#post3272749

or you can read "Soil Biology Primer" coauthored by Dr. Ingham. It is good overview of the interactions that occur in soil.

15. Well I have done side by side tests, and if you want to go out and buy over priced sugar water which is basically watered down molasses, go ahead. My side by sides have been done with several different brands, and molasses has always produced the same results, if not better than the name brands with fancy names like: Sweet Leaf, and Bud Candy. Side by side shows with and without molasses shows definite difference, no, not great huge giant differences, but enough difference for me to continue to use it till the last week of flowering.

Bad effects, none I can see in soil applications. Results, it gave me somewhere around a 2% increase, where as the brands names gave me about the same 1-2% increases,only difference, molasses cost about 1/10th of the price. I go into hydro stores all the time, they try to sell me this and that, I tell them I use molasses and have no need, just like you OutdoOrMaster, they are like molasses no good, it does not perform, it does not do what THIS can do. I simply walk over and look at the ingredients; hmmm, funny, molasses contain the exact same qualities as this product, and in most cases the ingredients listed are simple breakdown of molasses, the amino acids, the sugars, etc...etc... if you do not care about the price, so be it, myself, I do care, and I also care about my plants, so I use molasses, no difference between molasses and other brand name products other than price, and this has been proved to me by doing side by side grows.

No sense in arguing, use whatever you want to WASTE your money on, me, I do not waste time, space or money on my grows.

less

16. #36 Outdo0rMaster, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009

NorthBayNugs
    ,of course I didnt read that thread, I would read raw source of informations used in that thread but after " Carbohydrades are just fancy word for sugar." , after that constatation I see how information in that thread are subjective and fake !
    I dont have time and wish to rade shit words and time to correct them but I take couple min of my time and brake down info from that thread " Carbohydrates are just fancy word for sugar".
    If will take time to brake down other Facts not prices but I dont have time for that.

lessismore, you say once " none bad effect " and bunch of words about prices like good effect of molasses.
    I didnt read any of science web presentations where price is on the first place.
    If price are on the first place that is economy site no matter for what they claim they are.

Exactly, ppl use whatever you want.
    For all who dont know what they talking about :
    This is BAD effect of extra SUGAR ... plants are not overwatered !
    Here good price can not help to the plant !
    [​IMG]

17. Not all carbohydrates are sugars.

Alcohols are carbohydrates but are NOT sugars.

Ethers are carbohydrates but are NOT sugars.

Fatty acids are carbohydrates but are NOT sugars.

Esters are formed when a fatty acid combines with an ether, and they are carbohydrates but are NOT sugars.

Learn some organic chemistry, please, before you embarrass yourself by getting it WRONG.

18. #38 lessismore, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    Exactly, and molasses is not all about sugar, WTF part of that don't you understand OutdoOrMaster? Molasses contains other vital nutrients, trace minerals, and microntrients vital in the final weeks of flowering, and can be used to suppliment chemical nutes with outstanding results. We are not talking about flooding our plants with sugar and molasses.

The pics you are showing could result from misuse or over use of any type of nutrient or additive on the market, not just molasses. I have used it since the 80's. Never had a problem.

As for price, to some it is a big issue, and I for one am not going to throw my money at Advanced Nutrients or Dutch Masters for something that is not going to do any more for my plants than molasses will. You are stuck on this sugar thing, well molasses is much more than sugar, and actually contains more nutrients and minerals than most of the over priced shit, and less sugars. Do some fucking research, for I have, and I know from my results it works great and is actually better than any flowering nutrient on the market when it comes to the final 3-5 weeks of flowering.

19. Outdoor~ That is why I stated above to not use with chemical fertilizers and to half your dose if you are growing in containers....

20. <----Finishing on molasses 2nd outdoor grow....