Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Next time for an outdoor grow I'd go at least 1 gallon, probably more. That's a fact, no gossip.

I wouldn't worry about that male/s pollinating anything at this point, just ditch them preferably downwind. When they drop pollen those balls open up like a 4 leaf flower and dump lots of fine yellow pollen that you would have seen on the leaves.
    The reason the balls are concentrated towards the top is the 'crown' is forming. Experienced growers determine sex by looking at the nodes. After seeing preflowers a few times you'll be able to tell easy. IMO you missed this step by a bit and now the plants are stacking the nodes at the top. Totally normal.

If this is your first grow there's room for improvement, even seasoned growers can improve. I'd say it's a fine grow so far, and you'll learn more than you can imagine. Your yield may not be much this year but you will improve that as well.

Good luck.

2. Take a closer pic

3. #1604 WilliamDoe, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have 1 plant in a five gallon pot outdoors, and it 'appears' to be female.
    If I don't find hermaphrodite indications, and I watch closely for pollen sacks, should I worry about "pollen on the wind"?
    I planted in late June, and she is 'flowering' nicely. Is there any 'deadline' to avoid pollination,
    even from outside sources?
    Basically, I have a fat female. Is she at risk of pollination in a metro environment? Is there a time I could 'bring her inside', and avoid incidental pollination?

Pics attached:

4. Spotted what I'm pretty sure are pistils yesterday, can anyone confirm for me?

They're a lot whiter in person than in the photo

Attached Files:

• 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      276.8 KB
      Views:
  5. that is definitely a female. I wouldn't worry about random pollen in the air. unless your neighbors are growing a bunch of male plants there is really no chance of it getting pollinated. there isn't any deadline when talking about pollination but yours wont get pollinated. dont bring it inside ever if its an outdoor plant. that will cause unnecessary stress on the plant.

6. looks to be a female. a better picture would help

7. indeed a woman

8. Thank you so much for starting this topic as I am new to growing completely and was/is still pretty worried about sexing the plant. My only concern really now is with not knowing prior to planting and having a complete wash by getting all males. Since it is my first grow I am on the fence as to just using the feminized seeds I have or using the not known for my first grow. I would hate to have all males since I am only doing a run of 4 for the initial grow.

9. It is way to early to tell if it's female correct? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441202520.888207.jpg

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441597891.880294.jpg 90 % sure it's female what do you think?

11. #1613 CaliChronIK, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
    Need some opinions on the sex of my plants. Plants were started from clones that were given to me. I'm afraid they are showing signs of hermie. Looking for confirmation.

20150903_233909.jpg

20150903_234000.jpg

20150903_234005.jpg

Sorry for the first pic. Whenever I attach it it does so upside down, and I have no idea how to rotate it.

12. Here are some more pics I took today

Attached Files:

13. That's a lady, do you see the white (orange in those pics) hairs sticking out the end of those calyxs?
    I'm 99% sure I do, but take a pic of the top nodes for further verification

14. Lots or hermy's are almost all female but somewhere on it you may find a male pollen sac that can cause the room to be seeded. Watch for the male flowers.

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442272851.923990.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442272869.141616.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442272880.365751.jpg

Any help with sexing this one? Please. First timer.

16. #1618 roscoe7688, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    I'm sure it's probably to soon to tell but do any of you green thumb geniuss out there have any idea if it's male or female ? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442281940.100619.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442281957.752153.jpg please help

17. Thank you for the reply.