Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Has she/he had a rough life this far?

2. #1422 EsNero, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015

The same as the rest, the plant in question is the best looking and also the biggest. 

edit day later: I think leaves are popping out of those thiny balls. Is that possible?

3. Feminized seeds are not a perfect science, and depending on the breeder it can be absolutely disastrous.  I've grown out female seeds that just turned out to be male, either poor breeding or just a human error.  I mean they all pretty much look the same.

From the picture you posted I see nothing but male flowers, generally a hermaphodite will show female flowers first or simultaneously with male flowers.  The plant is bigger and larger than the rest, I'd bet good money someone just messed up packing the seeds, but that's just a guess.  Either way I'd scrap it asap.  It's too much of a mystery even to make seeds.

Good luck.

4. Alright, what say ye growers?  Regular seed, organic grow.  This plant is coming up on 7 weeks and started showing preflower nubs about 10 days ago.  None of them have pistils yet, but they look sort of female to me.  Just looking for some other opinions.  

IMG_20150419_092145.jpg      DSC_1394.JPG     DSC_1395.JPG

Whole plant, for reference.  It's pretty bushy, not skinny and lanky, so I'm hoping it's a female.  Looking to take some clones if it is! 

DSC_1387.jpg

(Sorry for the giant pics from my Nikon...if you right click and open them in a new tab or window you can zoom in to see better)

5. Looks like a lady to me dude

6. Right on, thanks man.

7. hi anyone got an opinion on whether there are any signs of sex or preflowering on this plant?

Its  KC45 which is supposed to be an autoflowering strain, its around 17 weeks old and about 10 days ago I put it on to 12/12 in case it is actually a photoperiod. It had a bit of a growth spurt going from 18/6hr 200w dual spec cfl to a 12/12hr  300w 2700k cfl so I'm hopeful that was a sign of it kicking into flowering but i still can't see much of a sign of sex, if you look closely at these macro shot I think I can see signs or flowers and pistils?

View attachment 155462
    View attachment 155461
    View attachment 155460
    View attachment 155459
    View attachment 155458

8. Anybody know what this could possibly be? Weird growth? I don't think it looks like a pistil I found it like 3 weeks into veg. I just swapped to 12/12 2 days ago and I think I see little pistils forming. Just didn't know what this could be. It almost looks like a random red hair growing out of the stem.
    IMG_1252.jpg IMG_1253.jpg

9. #1429 A Typical Meristem, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Does anyone else see a female preflower here? IMG_20150427_230057822.jpg IMG_20150427_230117966.jpg

This 3rd pic is a different plant, but I see a female preflower here too, anyone concur? IMG_20150427_230353053_HDR.jpg

Thanks for any help.

10. 3Rd pic def fem. 1&2 I THINK fem too

11. #1432 A Typical Meristem, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Thanks NE, and wak.

Waktoo, I sure hope that first one is a female, it's a Satellite Cindy from OGS.

12. This thread is a lot less erotic than I was expecting.

Right on!  From what little I can see, it looks to be very healthy.  Nice internodal spacing.  I've got the 'Kong and the Mastodon soaking and I'm gonna' drop 'em tonight. 

I've been pre sexing my plants during veg' for the past several years now, even before they go into their final pots.  I haven't missed (been wrong about) one yet...  [​IMG]

14. Pretty sure I know the answer to this but are these balls? Im about a week and a half into flowering

Attached Files:

Yeah that's a male, sorry dude.

16. 3 out of 4 man...

17. Is this one a male, it sure doesn't look female to me: IMG_20150430_241125268_HDR.jpg

18. That looks like a leaf forming on the right to me.
    I don't see any signs of sex yet

19. 20150301_081943.jpg
    I like to be certain before pulling my males.  Pull any and all plants with bits that look like sacs.

bitsandbots @ http://www.coreconduit.com