Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

No - many times a plant will preflower and show its sex while still in veg. But flipping to 12/12 is a guaranteed way to show the sex of the plant when it's mature enough to do so.

2. How long into veg till it shows the pre flower? I'm on day 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. you're getting close.... about week 3/4 veg if she's going to preflower. assuming you aren't counting the 'seedling' stage, but you can flip into 12/12 after week 3/4 veg if you desire. all depends on how long you want to grow her out in veg before flipping.  remember, they still grow...a lot....in flower :smoke:

4. Hello, I've been growing a while and haven't ever had the issues I'm having now and I just can't tell the sex of my cali connections head band 818. It looks like single hairs on the lower branches very small with out the pod like shape behind it like a true female flower and up above they have more of a thick "hair" and again this is alone coming strait from the stem. I also have another where the lower looks like a singular hair strait out of the stem and then the upper spots look like a female flower like a tear drop but they don't have a hair coming out?. I had a herm before with their shitty genetics and I'm worried I've got 3 more. I baby my plants and they are in the most perfect environment possible and I'm still having these issues. You would figure "quality" seeds that cost 150$ wouldn't have these issues but o well. I am between 6-7 weeks veg hoping to get another 6 more,before I flower.

5. Hello here are some pictures. I hope everyone can see what I'm talking about a little better. Just quote my status so I will know what everyone's saying and get a notification. Sorry my phone takes pretty bad pictures.

Attached Files:

6. I posted some photos below.

7. Is this a male? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418802802.877852.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418802817.151965.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418802832.473119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Any one have any info for me? /:

9. You should look twards the top of the plant and the main stem to tell easier. I have noticed that closer to if not the newest growth area the biggest sex organs are located here first and lower they will be much smaller and harder to tell. Currently I cant even tell from the upper area and I've been growing for years. It is te last cali connections I will ever grow nothing but hermi plants and b.s. my grow is at a perfect 75day temp and 68-70 night temp using Fox farms happy frog and Fox farms nutrients with the perfect run off of 6.5 nd proper nutes. I have read hundreds of reviews about their seeds being hermi wish I read that earlier. My only issue is due to winter humidity and it stays 25-30percent and then I add buckets of water to the floor n it only lasts a few hours around 50.

10. #1312 ghostintheganja, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    here's sexing made real easy it it looks like a skinny arm and a fist it's a male curled ladies hand holding a white hair female... If you find an open make amongst female you screwed unless you wanted seeds your pics look like plants almost to early to tell..... Bit from my experience that looks like a probable male what is the phenotype and stain majority

11. Can someone answer do only female flowering plants have hairs when flowering ?? I know seems a simple question but am really not sure and was taught by my father that when in doubt sk and am struggling finding any definative answers where im looking i have a flowering plant that is ful of hairs but am just worried i have sexed it wrong! I have put some pictures on (sorry not very good ones) could someone help?  One guy has said they could be hermies and i really paniced!
    View attachment 1653630 View attachment 1653631

12. Those are definitely female but those pic's are way too blurry for us to see if they are hermi.

They look fine honestly but that's only from super blurry pics.

13. Can someone answer do only female flowering plants have hairs when flowering ?? I know seems a simple question but am really not sure and was taught by my father that when in doubt sk and am struggling finding any definative answers where im looking i have a flowering plant that is ful of hairs but am just worried i have sexed it wrong! I have put some pictures on (sorry not very good ones) could someone help?  One guy has said they could be hermies and i really paniced!
    DSC_0001(1).JPG IMG_20141226_205213.jpg

14. I already responded to you. Get some new pics that aren't so damn blurry.

15. thanks medicineman i will try put a new set of pics tomorrowe maybe they will help see if they are hermies or not

have a great night/day (not sure where you are lol)

16. The mitten state lmao.

Google "hermi marijuana plants" you should get enough images to figure it out. The look like little "ball" kinda like a bunch of bananas.
    They don't look like a calyx or pistil.

17. i didnt mean to resend it no need to be narky man it was just i hit post again before editting my message ther way i wanted i was trying to send the message underneath asking if it b ok if i put some more on in morning and you have a look at them.? seriously man snapping like that could put some people of using this forum this only 3rd question ive asked anyone i not brilliant with computers, it late at night and i stoned

18. you can tell i a newbie i not sure what a calyx is but i will look it up pistils are the hair things arent they i know i was sooo definate they were female until under the hairs started to really look like sacs and when i ripped one open it had a hard little green thing in which im worried was a seed starting its only my second grow and last lot where clones these where out of a bag of weed my mate got me so just took a gamble! thanks for your help and i honestly didnt mean to repeat my message wasnt sending you same pics again as i said i not very good on pcs and i was a bit mashed at time. 

Anyway thanks for all your help i will check those pictures of hermies in morning i definatey goig try to sleep now (after a small chong! ) as it 3.30 am lol