Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. #1261 homer simpson, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014

I understood this 100% before I posted, did you understand my post?  pic on the left is definitely male and you can toss it, the photo on the right was not the same angle as the first so I can't see the preflowers.  If you can take another pic from the same angle as the photo on the left I can see the preflowers and tell you what it its.

Edit: The second paragraph you quoted was my response the the poster above you, if that's your confusion.

2. Okay got it I'll take one right now

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. View attachment 1583406 [attachment=1583407:ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412740441.547181.jpg

There's w more pics of the one in question

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412740411.712193.jpg [attachment=1583407:ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412740441.547181.jpg

There's w more pics of the one in question

Attached Files:

Still a bit blurry, but I'm pretty sure it's a male.  Check my post at the top of the last page, there are a few clear close up pics that should help you out.  I've started wars with these words but you should know for sure in a day or so.

You posted this twice, at the bottom right of your post there is a 'Hide' button that will delete the post.  

Good luck with the rest of the plants, and get that other plant out of there, it's close to opening up and dumping pollen.

6. Damn so both my bag seeds were male that sucks... Oh well I still have my ladies that I know are feminized... Oh well I'll chop them when I get home

7. I'm currently sexing my grow and as always preflowers are busting out before 3 weeks since the seed popped above soil. Not on every plant yet as strain is important, but none will go beyond 4 weeks from seed pop. When I see posts of it taking longer, must not be using magnification or checking every node both sides, four locations per node. It's super important in my grow to eject males in a hurry to keep good light for females, because I don't want to introduce extra lighting yet and need to keep them all under one light till sexed and then xplant and go to bigger/more lighting. Certainly don't want to xplant a male (waste time materials), and wouldn't want a male taking up light from a female. If you have a healthy plant 5 weeks in veg there are for sure preflowers for you to find. Cruise with an eyelupe 7X, up and down the main stalk at the nodes and see what is bumping up between the stipule and the new branch growth. I've seen preflowers at nodes with almost no branching growth yet. I'm only posting this again because I see so many people stating it takes 8+ weeks of veg to sex. No way!!!   

I've personally never seen preflowers quite that early on a consistent basis.  You have any pictures you can post up in here?  This thread needs all the live plant pictures it can get.

I do however agree that no space should be wasted on a male, especially in the flowering chamber.  If you consider yourself a 'seasoned' grower and you need to put them under 12/12 to sex them you're either not as seasoned as you think, or you're flowering them very early.  IMO too early.

9. preflo 014.JPG
    Hi Homer,
    this male is 19 days from germination, preflower front left and back right, almost no new branch growth yet.

10. #1271 luvtogrow, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
    sexing 006.JPG sexing 008.JPG Here's a female that showed a couple days ago. This the fourth node and hope you can see female preflower on right side with wisp of hair emerging. Will post pic of that plant and you can see how young it is. Actually there is an emerging preflower on left side too, i can't see it in the pic, think the flash washes it out.

11. #1272 homer simpson, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014

Great info.  Those pictures really should have everyone taking the time to look a bit closer.  Anyone who's stated a magnifying glass or loupe is a waste of time needs to check these pics. 

I've also realized a typo in my posts concerning the 8-9 weeks.  When I said that it was under the pretense that by then you should be able to see the preflowers with the naked eye and be sure what you see.

12. Here is that same female I recently showed, has been xplanted and is under hps, preflower is on right side and is longer. Second pic is a male preflower on backside of new branch on left side, and on the way to the recycle bin.

Attached Files:

13. #1277 Bungobungo, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    I have about a 5 week old plant and I'm starting to worry that it's a male, this is the first plant Iv ever grown so im not 100% sure. What does everyone think ?

Attached Files:

That's a male.  

15. Fark that's depressing. Thanks

16. are my 2 plants male or female because the one looks different to the other?

plant 1:
    P1000403.JPG

plant 2:
    P1000405.JPG