Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Okay I fed it Saturday and this morning when I checked it the branches seemed like they were stronger so your advice was perfect I just did it already didn't have a clue though that was what was needed

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Excellent t news start a grow journal so we can follow along

Sent from my LT30at using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey all,
    Figured I'd post the picture in this thread instead of starting a new one. I'm still kind of a noob at growing but am open to whatever advice I can get. The plant just entered its second week of flowering. I checked on it today and noticed these tiny little balls on either side of the stem at the nodes. This led me to believe it was a male, but I'm seeing posts now that suggest it could still be a female. Before I destroy it, could I get confirmation that this is a male, or should I wait? Or possibly a hermy? I don't want to take any action until I am 100% sure what gender it is. Here's the pic: 
    Screenshot (1).png

4. Or is it still too early in flowering to tell? I will keep posting pics every few days. Thanks in advance for any info.

5. Can a girl, say 6 weeks into flowering receive accidental night time light & become a hermie that taints a whole crop?

6. ^ yes

• Like Like x 1
  7. New plant is this a boy also?

Attached Files:

8. One more boy or girl

Attached Files:

9. First 3 look male,
    the last picture, hard to say I think I see a hair on the right side.
    but you should know for sure with all of them in a few more days

• Like Like x 1
  10. I thought that might be a hair also I'll give it a few more days thanks so much for the help

11. fem

the other is a boy

• Like Like x 2
    Hey guys could you help me out I am a total noOb. Some of my plants got these things on them like a week ago, and I have been checking every day to see whats going on and they just look the same, I'm waiting to see if another one develops so its like a male cluster, or if it splits and two white hairs come out. So far, nothing, just how it looks, some of the other nodes have developed one of these things also, but not one of them has 2 on it (yet??) 
    So what do you think, boy or girl?? 

Attached Files:

13. I'd say it's a bit to early to tell but possible male.

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

That's a male homie.

Middle picture is a great example of a male preflower, looks like a lobster claw.  Sorry that's a male

Definitely male preflower on the first picture.

So if I have like 10 plants and 5 of those plants have those little "thingies" on them and the other 5 have nothing at all, do you think the chances are good that those 5 that have nothing will probably be female?

16. #1196 homer simpson, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014

Personally I'd wait on all of them.  Mainly because it's important that you see the development of the flowers for yourself.  A female preflower looks pretty much the same throughout it's cycle, but the males will look a bit different depending on strain,and as well as time goes on.  IME under magnification it will look like a lobster claw, then like a ball, and then on to what you have.  Beyond that it will look almost like a cluster.  You don't have to worry about them until they open.   Once you get some experience, you can identify them a bit sooner.  

That said I'd say it's absolutely reasonable to assume the rest are girls.  

I think I am starting to see what you mean, is this one a female preflower??

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Looks good to me, I'd bet good money that's a girl.  Literally in a few hours you should be sure.  Looks totally different from the previous pics, no?  Once you successfully sex a few plants it's so much easier than you think.  Keep looking at all of them, it's kind of cool to see the progression, I think.

19. well atleast the photo is in the rite spot :)
    but my eyes are terrible and needs to be more zoomed in, or maybe I shouldn't smoke a fatty b4 work Oo

20. #1200 pussyslut, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014

No its not your eyes its my stupid camera my good camera is currently out of commission until I can figure out where I left the charger for it.
    You can't really tell in that picture, but they sorta remind me of a tiny little green bean with little white hairs sticking out of it. Now that I have seen one I think I have 5 females, but I will be more sure in a few weeks. 
    It is pretty cool this is my first time growing I've only ever seen them in pictures or as final finished product. I'm super pumped for the flowering stage :)

OH and thank you very much Mr Simpson for the help :)

• Like Like x 1