Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Did you really understand that last message about yanking the balls?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #882 kenzoSlice, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    Who me? yes i.understood I was saying I understand I get it I see the balls I didnt understand at first i pulled few.males out yesterday and they are maybe 2 to 3 weeks into flower but if i want to know whats what they need to be sexed and a mother chosen for greatness

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397061342.605876.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397061356.058131.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397061367.172938.jpg is this a male anyone or is it still to soon to tell?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. looks like its female i see some white hairs but it looks early let me just say i nvr dealt with males until now this was my first time w them.and i noticed the difference.immediately once.the sacks formed it was night n day compared to.what i was used to.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I hope its female i got eight plants total from bag seeds and as of know half(4) are females but idk about the rest and i'm trying to do a scrog with just two of them the one in the pic a a female i already know is female but dont wanna start tel i know its definitely female. :hippie:

6. Heres mine. can't wait to find out. Prob too early

111.jpg

too early

8. Here is a different one that I took today. 1400024586819.jpg

Sent from my One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I am absolutely new here and I have a couple questions regarding light cycles. I have had 8 on since germination 5 weeks ago on 24/0, I know thisay have been to long but, so be it. They will eventually be outside and I am wondering what light cycle I should switch it too to ease into 12/12. Thoughts would be much appreciated.

10. How long will it take an average seedling to show signs of sex?

11. It won't as a seedling. Most of the time a month or so. Different strains do different things. Usually 4-6 weeks ish

12. How old are your plants and how long have they been on a 24hr light schedule? If their mature plants then theres really no way your going to be able to ease them in to an outdoor light schedule with out them going in to flowering to early. Post some pics of your plants. Whenever I start plants indoors to be planted outdoors I keep them on a 16hr light schedule so when they do get planted outside there isn't that much of a difference in light hours reducing the chances of them going in to flowering early. The more hours you have to adjust their light schedule the higher the chances they will start flowering early. Some plants will start to reveg when the days get closer to 16hrs but they can look fugly and also increases the chances of it going hermie.

13. G'day guys,

I've been lurking around the beginner forums for a while, every time I had a question I found it had already been asked here. Hence this is my first post.

But now I have my own question, 

My small scale (2 plant), budget (approx 100w cfl/t4 fluro), stealthgrow has been going well for a while now, and the time came to switch to 12/12. 

Keep in mind that this is my first grow, but I watched carefully for the first week and saw no real signs of gender or pre-flowering, then on day 8 I find that one plant has, seemingly overnight, developed rapidly.
    It may have been that I missed the obvious signs but it seems that out of nowhere my plant has sprouted a bunch of large balls.

Please confirm my suspicions that this is a male.
    I'm shitting myself now because that's half my first grow gone and the other plant shows no sign of which way it's gonna go.

Sorry for the crappy quality phone-cam photo and editing.

Thanks for your help guys - now to go do a proper introductory post.

Attached Files:

14. Yep that's a male plant. Males also tend to grow bigger faster and show sex before females.

15. Hi guys i have a green o matic auto flower going on day 22 I'm 95 percent sure i found the first lady bits today. But it's my first grow. Also don't be shy to check out my grow ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

16. Picture is a Lil bit hard to tell but it looks like fem to me. Here is one of fems

1400631088375.jpg

17. Its a girl.

18. Same as the other guy its a girl.

19. Thanx man,
    The other one also turned out to be a boy  :mad: .
    Back to square one, looking to see if it was anything I did that potentially caused it.

20. #900 UpAndComer, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    OK so newbie here bought myself a cheap set up iv turned my veg to 12/12 only to determine sex then switch back to veg raised from seed iv taken some close ups they have been on bud for 7 days still not positive can anyone help? There is pods no balls i know its female but first time growing so unsure of myself

Attached Files: