Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. When a plant reaches maturity the nodes are offest. this of course is the best time.
    Most plant will double sometimes even triple in size. within the first 3-4 weeks of the 12/12 switch...
    Once you get to know your strain and see the actual stretch you can adjust.

There are also many techniques for manipulating the plants,

lst, fimming, and topping... along with running a scrog this also helps to manipulate the plants .

2. Am I right in thinking you can tell what sex they are after around 3 weeks of flowering?

I started mine of a week ago and I'm sure I can see some balls on one of them :(

3. yes generally 2 weeks sometimes 3 they will show themselves..
    post a pic best to het them out if its male

4. Great thread Budslinger! Definitely subscribing to this one.

+rep

5. Well I had 2 female and one male plant so can't grumble really. After around 10 days you could see the clear difference between M & F. It was a sad job cutting Peter down but it had to be done.
    Pinky and Perky are doing just fine, some nice looking buds forming on them :smoking:

6. Can you please tell me if this plant is male or female?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

7. Can't see male or female bits imo. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. to early no signs yet as freedom said...:D

9. Thanks man, I'm just worried about it, héhé..

10. So with male plants can you still use the stems and leaves to produce hash?

11. yes;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awesome, thanks for the information.

13. some very good info!!!

14. Great thread. Thank you for putting in the time to re post. I am some what new to GC and i am starting to just read threads for hours every night. There are so many great threads that it gets overwhelming at times. At first i would post questions before looking and finding my answer but now i relize any question i have has already been asked and answered. In most cases the question was asked in a better way then i would've asked.

15. thanks for the info. the males have balls but small balls. all good 2 know. i study this subject more than my college classes. speaking of which gotta go revise my paper 2 day.

16. i feel smarter since i red this =) sooo stoned lol:smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  17. What's up budslinger I see you are the man here on gc and I wanted to ask you a question I may be a little off subject but I know you will have the answer. Can you prune a plant once it has been flowering for 2 or 3 weeks. I noticed that after I did so the plants stopped smelling and seems it stop the buds from producing anymore. Just was wondering if it is ok to prune fan leaves once the plant is flowering also if I mess the ight and dark schedule up could that have done it also......purp.............thanks so much