White Widow outdoors Caribbean

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by skaffa, Aug 22, 2009.

1. High there!
    So I've never grown pot before.. I live in the Caribbean, and I want to grow outdoors.
    I've read alot of guides to growing Mary Jane, but they make it seem so complicated and expensive.
    Anyway, the ganja here is just so different than the Dutch weed I'm used to, and that's why I brought about 200 White Widow seeds with me.
    I'm not gonna plant all of them, I just want to be able to be high every day for about a year or two.

I don't have the money, nor resources for expensive equipment. Besides, I don't own a Credit Card so I can't buy equipment online. Neither do I want to.
    I really do have a passion for marihuana, but I don't want to be having to check pH and all of that complicated stuff. I just want an easy, strong, and a lot of harvest.

Like I said, I live in a Caribbean climate. All year long it stays between 20-35 degrees Celsius (sorry I don't use Fahrenheit).
    Right now it's hurricane season, as hurricane Anna and Bill just passed north of us.

I was hoping someone could give me strain- and climate specific growing tips.
    If I forgot to mension something (which I most probably did), please ask.

Thanks! :]

2. I don't know if it's aloud, but *bump*
    Ohh and I just heard I can get a kilo Jamaican weed for 500 bucks.. so I don't know if the growing is still worth it. Anyways, please help me out here.

3. Yeah but whats the quality loike? Carribean ganja most be checked out first because some is great, but lots is dried outdoors in the sun with no cure so its brown, THC content is lost, it dry's far too quickly, no cure to smooth the smoke out, but on the other hand from the right people your able to get that weight for the same amount, but its dried well, and cured, and its quality. So just watch out, and never bring money with you for the whole deal, just enough to buy an 1/8th or something to test the bud, and if it does it good, then go get the money :)

But as far as a strain, and specific help...

I'm not sure what the RH is down on your island, but that will play a factor as to what strains you could grow during different parts of the season because you must take RH of the area when they will be deep in flower as to prevent mold issues, so you would either have to spray the plants with a copper solution, or get something like Jorge's Diamond, or Pluton2 (I don't think this is really still around) which is very mold resistant. It doesn't really have to be expensive depending on how many plants at a time you would want to grow. I just spent $180 on nutrients, and Ph supplies. I'd say get some decent organic good draining soil (no nutrients added to it), get some liquid nutrients, dig a 3cubic ft. hole, and amend it with the soil you bought. Make sure the soil you buy has atleast 15% perilite, or you will have to buy a bag of perilite, and vermiculite and mix the 3 together. I'd say to grow 3-5plants it would cost about $500 roughly, but you can never factor in the unexpected cost. My current grow cost me $1200 initially, and I've put another $400 into it, with another $150 going into it later this week.