Your Chance To Send The Message!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by J.R.R. Tokin, Aug 19, 2009.

1. #1 J.R.R. Tokin, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
    If this goes through accordingly, this could have a significant impact on the Federal stance on Cannabis. This is one step that is crucial towards our cause. If this goes through, Mainstream media will no doubt pick up on this:

[​IMG]

MPP’s director of state campaigns, Steve Fox, is the co-author of a new book entitled, "Marijuana Is Safer, So Why Are We Driving People To Drink?" The purpose of this book is to educate Americans about the relative harms of marijuana and alcohol, and to force them to consider why we punish adults who use the less harmful substance. The critically acclaimed book also provides supporters of marijuana policy reform with the information and talking points necessary to spread the “marijuana is safer” message to friends and family.

To raise awareness about the book, the authors are coordinating a “Book Bomb” that will take place tomorrow, August 20. The goal is to have hundreds of people order the book from Amazon.com on the same day so that it reaches #1 on the online bookseller’s rankings. As far as we know, no book advocating for marijuana policy reform has reached that milestone. To learn more about the book and to sign up for the Book Bomb, visit http://www.marijuanabookbomb.com If you sign up, you will get an email tomorrow reminding you about the Bomb.

Thanks in advance for participating! And please share this blog post with any friends who might be interested.

2. I'll buy one but not giving out my email :)

3. Not to be the debbie downer, but so what if it reaches #1 on Amazon?

4. Everybody who visits the page will see the book. The title says it all

5. True, but even if the story makes the news, I doubt it will effect federal drug policy.

6. You're forgiven for being negative, just don't do it again. It's not what we need. This is a great idea!

7. You truly are close-minded. This will affect public opinion. That in turn will affect the Federal Position on Drug Policy. Double-Think!!!

8. oh and buy this other book. If this guy wants to spread the word, get it on like the colbert report or bill mahers show...

9. Baby steps, this is one more tiny step in the right direction. It will definitely turn some heads, but only if the goal is reached, I'm gonna buy that mofo :hello:

10. * Bump *. 2 hours until release. Hope this goes through...

11. Just over an hour to go until midnight. I'd love to see it in the top already when I go to make my purchase, let's make it happen people!

12. Ok, 12:25 and just bought mine. Time for bed... I better see it in the top 100 when I get up for work tomorrow, do it up guys!

13. well... so far it's been a complete and total failure. I can't even find it in the top 100 :mad:

14. I know. Unfuckenbelievable. This is backwards activism. And we wonder why it takes so long for reform...

15. I bought a copy, not only to help support but it should be a good read. Anything to help thismprohibition.

16. Part of it is doubtless people like me who want to buy the book but can't.

To clarify, we're in debt just trying to stay afloat (odd, I know) and I'm about to go to college. Today I have to buy a bunch of clothes and other college-related supplies because I move into the dorms tomorrow.

I'm certain it's just bad timing. Now if they would suspend the campaign and try to get it to #1 in OCTOBER that might work a little better. Considering I first heard of this today isn't such a good thing and I'm fairly active in the stoner community online...

17. The book is at #47 as of 2 PM Eastern. It was #199 two hours ago.

I doubt it will overtake the number one book unless it gets in the tops and people buy it out of curiosity there.

18. the book is #26 whoo hoo!! It just keeps climbing!

19. The fact that it has reached #20 is nothing short of amazing. I wish I could buy it...

Edit: someone buy two copies, one where I can't, and give it to a friend/loved one who is against/neutral on marijuana.

20. update: Still no. 20. Hope it makes it into the top 10...