Show off your zippos or other cool lighters.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Jerseytoker, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Here is my very well worn Du Pont XTEND. :D

This is the best lighter IMO.

It has been dropped in the toilet at least four times, and rebuilt once.

Only drawback is that you have to use triple filtered fuel or it wrecks the seals.

I have seen this model lighter in two movies (trivia).

Attached Files:

2. james bond?

3. Close!

In one movie Mike Douglas is some CIA spy and it is a device of some sort.

In another movie, I saw Quentin Tar. use one.

4. [​IMG]
    best you can get.. it has the pokie thing :L

5. here's a lighter i got in berkeley

[​IMG]

6. #28 Grendelking, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Collection of lighters. Some of them.

Attached Files:

7. Legit revival, I was actually searching the forums for a good lighter thread a week or two ago.

Here's my 'cool' lighters, the liquor store by me just starting carrying djeep's, haven't had one in many years, love them.  I love my ronson torch from the walmart checkstand, even though the adjustment screw only allows it to work at 80-100%.  The wick-lights are awesome but sort of confuse people so I only use them by myself usually.
    [​IMG]

And then the whole stash (minus shop and car lighters) of fuego.  When smoking at home I actually just light a candle then light my hempwick with the candle.  The two bics with tape are re-filled, if you don't know how to refill your bic, search youtube it is super easy.  700' of kush hemp wick, burns fast but tastes great and the spool was only 15 bucks.
    [​IMG]

Awesome collection man!  Are you going to get a zippo torch?  I've been eyeing it for a little bit now.  I just want a really dope refillable butane flint wheel lighter, prefer the candle flame but that zippo torch looks impressive.

9. #31 Grendelking, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Thanks. Z Torch ? I've been out of touch with collecting things lately (except for pipes) that I didn't even know they started making torches for Zippos. The few torches that I've owned are cheapo torches that don't last very long and then get thrown out. The only torch that I've owned and really enjoyed using (it lasted for years until it finally needed repair) was a Colibri Xtreme lighter with Camel logo that I purchased new from the Camel cigarette catalogue. Colibri closed down (in Providence, RI) so, I had it repaired before they closed (I got lucky) and put it away and haven't used it since.
          Torches are good but high maintenance IMO. All that bleeding the tank before refilling business. I prefer Zippos because they are easy to fill and last a good while before they need refilling. And their lifetime warrantee just adds icing to the cake. The last time I was really into collecting lighters and buying them frequently was when Zippo released those little flashlight inserts. That was a few years ago. My Colibri probably doesn't even work now because for long term storage you're supposed to spark them up every few months and I haven't sparked mine up in over three years. Another reason to love Zippos, they can be from the 1940's and as long as the flint isn't frozen / jammed all you need to add is lighter fluid and you're good to go. I love Zippos. :)  

Attached Files:

10. This is such an awesome thread! I'm gonna go through everyone's collections now!

I've been a pyromaniac since I was tiny. Fire lights your joint...what's not to love?

It's the clinky-clank and pure feel, sound and sight of quality that zippos give that I really love though, here are mine:

Old and new solid brass:
    IMG_3042.JPG

My first Zippo, so really sentimental to me:
    IMG_3044.JPG

Pride and joy- RAW zippo. Love this thing, feel like a boss sparking a RAW made j with this:
    IMG_3039.JPG

IMG_3040.JPG

Unfortunately lost this thing...in this very field...ironically:
    Untitled.jpg

11. #33 Shecallsmedaddy, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    Got this one when I was in the air force, given to me by my late friend. Made him a promise that I would never let it run dry almost 5 years ago, I have still not broken that promise. My phone is being stupid but its a flat black zippo, standard size.

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423344550.317210.jpg

Vector

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum