Do you believe our souls are immortal?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TheHighRoad, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Why or why not?

2. There is no such thing as soul.

3. what?! then religions like...Christianity, for example, are pointless??

4. LOL

if i believed souls existed then i would assume they would be immortal

5. Haha. So you don't think there is such thing as a mind and a spirit?

6. Way back, I didn't think we had souls, but after spending some time practicing astral projection, there's no doubt in my mind.

7. Assuming we have a soul I would assume that they would be immortal, but there really isn't any way to prove we do, just as there isn't any way to prove we don't.

8. mind is spirit

9. "We are just mortal souls, left to die".

Even the soul is being interpreted exprerienced. Mortality is inconsequential. You are something far greater.

10. Consciousness is energy. Energy cannot be destroyed.

11. No soul, no afterlife, just the eternal, slow drone of the cosmos continuing on it's way.

12. i believe in tha whole big bang theory where we are all still connected through some energy or force and i believe this is what our souls are made of and that they go in cycles through different stages and dimensions but that they are always the same cause they are always one and so they never die. only our bodies do.
    ...hope that made sense

13. #13 Dickie4:20, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
    Im agnostic, so im going to go with the "maybe yes, but maybe not" line.

A Charles Darwin quote-

"I think an Agnostic would be the more correct description of my state of mind. The whole subject [of God] is beyond the scope of man's intellect."

Replace the words "of God" with "our souls, or my soul being immortal".

14. reincarnation FTW! once we die we come back whats the big deal about dying? i dont know id rather be without a body anyway