Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    I fuckin' loved it and I'm gonna watch Episode II tonight. I know I'm a little (a lot) late to the Star Wars franchise, but since Episode VII is coming out later this year, I thought it's about damn time that I watch it.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    ****1/2
    Continuing the Stars Wars saga, this movie was epic. Not feeling the romantic crap though. Tonight I will watch Episode III.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    Amazing! Anakin Skywalker turns heel. General Grievous was cool as fuck. The Galactic Republic is overthrown by The Galactic Empire. Next in line is Episode IV, the original Star Wars film.

2. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    Wow! What an amazing story. I didn't think I would enjoy this being produced in 1977, but I was blown away. Great acting. Great special effects, especially for the 70's. Planet blowing up. Death Star blowing up. This film was way ahead of its time. There is just so much to consider in this movie. The script, the action, the philosophy, the culture of Star Wars is just incredibly unique. And I loved the soundtrack. Can't wait for Episode V.

3. brace yourself... and enjoy the ride

4. #16264 bluntmanIVXX, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    Both films were easily 5 stars. FUCK YEAH. I loved it because it didn't even seem like a movie. It was just one long TV show with plot development and/or character development at ALL times. There was never a boring moment. Something is ALWAYS happening. I was rooting for the heels. Darth Vader is my boy. But I always assumed the "I AM YOUR FATHER" line was in the final film. I was wrong, and royally swerved. It was awesome because I didn't see it coming. Spoilers: Yoda dies, Vader dies. I hope Episode VII is about Princess Leia and Han Solo having a son, and Jedi Luke Skywalker trains him to control the force. CAN'T FUCKIN WAIT FOR XMAS (DECEMBER)!

5. Southpaw - emotional roller coaster - 9/10

6. Ok! I'll share my secret! Click on the second video player and do not download any of the suggested updates or needed players. Enjoy!

http://pubfilm.com/

7. Survivor 3/5

Not much to say, there's a bad guy played by Pierce Brosnan, terrorists, London and NYC locations, intrigue, etc. Not great, but OK.

8. Just wrote and tried to post a review of the film 5 Flights Up, and it's gone.

Fuck, I'm not writing it again. 3/5 stars.

9. The Journey of August King: 3.5/5 (I rated it a 4 in Netflix) , it's a pretty good movie that I remember seeing once, briefly as a child. So watching it presently was pretty nostalgic. But it has Thandie Newton and forgive me, I forget the Main Male characters name.

But it's a movie about Thandie running away as a slave and runs into and begs for help from August King, who after resisting in the beginning, makes the decision to bring her to his farm since he lived near a Freedom Trail.

He ends up getting his house burned down in the end because instead of allowing his Town's sheriff to lie for him, he told the Slave Owner the truth. Because slaves were considered property, they in turn destroyed his.

10. Area 51. 1/10. This movie was sooo fucking lame

11. Just watched this. Definitely 10/10

12. Mad Max. Ill give it a solid 7/10. Great action scenes.

13. Kill the Messenger - Xfinity and Freeway: Crack in the System - Netflix both 9.5/10

Both are different facets of the same true story. They're about how the CIA used money obtained by an agreement with a Nicaraguan crack magnate to distribute as much crack as he could into the US and funnel the money into the hands of the Nicaraguan Contras to fight the Sandinistas back in the 80s. It was a way to fund a bunch of so-called freedom fighters (but turned out to be a bunch of genocidal nutcases) in Nicaragua and big fucking deal if the crack influx destroyed the African American community in the process.

14. Annabelle. Horror. Basically a demon possesses a doll and terrorizes a young milf and her baby.

Id give it a 8/10. This is kinda like the prequel/spin off The Conjuring. Had all your basic possessed cliches, clueless husband, over religious black lady, and a priest who kinda reminds you of George Carlin. Overall it made my hairs stand up so id say its worth watching.

15. Party monster 9/10

16. With Macaulay Culkin I think

17. #16278 mandijames00, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2015
    I watched Maze Runner The Scorch Trials. I would give 10 on 10.

18. Lila & Eva 9/10 good twist at the end