Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. The Cobbler 4/10

Every negative thing you've heard about this movie is spot-on. It's charming and mostly watchable, but that's far, far from a compliment. I could write a term paper on all the problems with that movie.

2. Wild - Umm, it's watchable cause the whole movie is a hiking trail but not outstanding .... I'd say 6.7 maybe :)

3. #15943 Johnny Blazed, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    clown 7/10 - this movie was pretty dope some poor fucker puts on a clown suit for his sons bday and it turns out to be cursed he cant get it off and it transforms him into an evil clown demon that has to eat kids lol

4. John Wick - 3.5/5

5. #15945 MonkeyUndead, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    Bad Brains : A Band in DC 9/10

A really good documentary about a very influential punk/reggae band. If you like punk then you probably already know the name Bad Brains. The documentary has great interviews from contemporaries like Ian Mckaye and Henry Rollins, with other additions you wouldn't think of like The Beastie Boys, Anothony Keidis, Dave Grohl and Rick Ocasek from the Cars.

Covers their beginning all the way to the present (2012) with the latter focusing on the internal dynamic of the band. Namely, H.R.'s kooky shenanigans and how they affect the rest of the band.

If you like music then fucking watch this.

6. The Crow

10/10

A classic for sure! RIP Brandon Lee

7. The Departed... 11/10. Probably top 3 favorite movies. Even on cable it's a great movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. the new hunger ganes..7/10 it was kinda boring and it was weird philip seymour hoffman is still in it

9. Insidius Chapter 2 it was a very good movie. 8/10

10. kings of summer 8/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ2ImN8S1_0

11. \tAngels with Dirty Faces 7/10 really good old film

12. Chef

Watched it on Netflix

Not what I expected but was very good.

8/10

13. What We Do in the Shadows
    1427341177930.jpg

6.5/10

An independent horror comedy/reality television spoof/mockumentary

The Flight of the Conchords' Jemaine Clement stars in it. It was well written and executed and had plenty funny moments, but overall it was hit or miss. The atmosphere was kind of confusing and it felt really drawn out at some points.

Overall I would only recommend it to fans of horror or Jemaine.

14. Four Rooms (1995)

This movie is special because each hotel room is directed by different people. The list of directors include...
    -Quentin Tarantino
    -Robert Rodriguez
    -Allison Anders
    -Alexandre Rockwell

Tim Roth plays a bell hop on New Years Eve at a popular hotel and runs into problems in these four rooms. Great movie. Different and odd, just the way I like it.

I give it a 8/10.

Also, this movie is on Netflix, so check it out.

15. Vietnam in HD 9/10 really good documentary on the war in Vietnam

16. Birdman: or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)

9.5/10
    Honestly, I loved the movie. It was excellent. The cast was great, the acting was so believable. I loved the way they filmed the movie. The only thing I sort of didn't like, but at the same time liked, was the ending. Like it left me wondering what the fuck just happened, but at the same time it was an appropriate ending to a somewhat bizarre movie. 

17. Kid Cannabis 7/10

I really enjoyed this movie. Reminded me of Scarface or Blow, with a bunch of dorky high school kids instead of Tony Montana. If you like smoking weed, most likely you will like this movie. Currently on Netflix. So check it out if you have time and you haven't already.

18. Rob The Mob
    7/10 

Based on true story of a small time criminal who, along with his girlfriend, begins robbing social clubs where mob members hang out.  Pretty good portrayal of the events, and characters, with probably a bit of fiction thrown in.  

19. The November Man 7.5/10 It was better than I expected it to be but nothing spectacular. Definitely worth a watch if you're looking for a newer spy movie.

20. Men at Work starring Emilio Estevez and Tiger Blood. 7313/11281