Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Birdman 1/5 

Couldn't even sit through this movie.  I understand it's a black comedy, and there's all kinds of interpretations that can be made, but it just didn't work at all for me.  

2. Saint Vincent

4 out of 5
    Bill Murray and the cast were good, good scenes in Brooklyn although not a single character sounded like they were from there, least of all the lead, Murray.    The plot wasn't very realistic, why would a successful lawyer marry a woman that looked like Melissa McCarthy?    But, overall it was entertaining, thanks mostly to Murray, had a good ending and people like it for that. 

Ha ha maybe its the BJ's!  Oops, did I say that out loud?  lol.

4. Kingsman: The Secret Service - 8.5 :love:

5. The Homesman 9/10 

Looks like the film's leading actor, Tommy Lee Jones, is heading towards taking the mantle of Bad Ass Geezer Curmudgeon, which Robert Duvall (not in this film) previously had for a while.  I think that someone like Jeff Bridges could have done a very good job in this role, as well, but Tommy Lee Jones was great.   

6. Finding Nemo. LOL. My current situation. 7/10, Can't wait for Finding Dory :)

Attached Files:

7. Dukes of Hazzard

5/10...3 of those points are strictly reserved for Jessica Simpsons.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    Dukes of Hazzard

5/10...3 of those points are strictly reserved for Jessica Simpsons.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I'm not even going to attempt it.  I tried to watch Bay's Transformers and turned it off 30 minutes in because I thought it was so stupid.  And I wanted to like it, because I was a HUGE Tranformers fan as a kid.  I was also a Ninjua Turtles fan, but I was a little bit older, and I didn't like it as much as I liked Tranformers.  As an adult it's one of the few things from my childhood that I really don't understand the appeal for anymore.  Turtles who know karate, I'd rather watch robots that turn into cars and planes and shit.

9. \tDeja Vu 8/10

10. St. Vincent -- Pretty cool acting by the lil kid and mister Murray, both hubby n I's rating ... 8/10 :metal:

11. 8/10 ... not as funny as the original but I didn't expect it to be. Still a good solid comedy with two funny fucks.

[​IMG]

12. 8/10. I watched the Grand Budapest Hotel.

13. American Beauty...one of my all time favorites.

9.5/10

14. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyANa71gvU
    9/10

15. Predator 8/10.

O' Brother Where Art Thou? 8.5/10.

Star Trek 9/10.

I've accomplished nothing but movies and coffee. :hide:

16. Birdman 7.5/10

Good film, solid acting, pretty original….but I don't really see what all the fuss was about.

17. Taken 3.

It was all right, action, lots of it, but I'm ready for #4

18. How High 10/10.

One of the best stoner movies ever. 

19. Dumb And Dumber To - 8/10

Not as funny as the original (which I saw when I was 13 in the theater with my dad), but a LOT funnier than I thought it would be.  I actually laughed out loud on several occasions, which is rare for me these days.  I wasn't sure if The Farrelly's/Carrey/Daniels could deliver again, they aren't really what they used to be, but I'd say they made a worthy sequel.  It felt like classic Farrelly Brothers to me, and not the cash grab I was worried it was going to be.  The trailers/commercials I saw made it look like it was going to be a non-stop reference to the original.

20. Maps to the Stars 9/10

A nearly flawless film from David Cronenberg, required viewing for any film buff and Cronenberg fan.