Post your ride!

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by acekilla89, Aug 16, 2009.

I thought we agreed to not talk about that anymore.   I gave you fifty bucks.  Why are you busting my balls?  huh?  

This is my new ride.  Ain't she grand?

2. You gotta go bounce it off the rev limiter one more time before she leaves, enjoy that sound. Or you could bang in it and leave a little bit of yourself behind

haha my last drive before parking it for the winter i had sex with my girlfriend - this was about a month before she moved to new orleans. and i didn't bounce it off the limiter but i definitely did some snonuts in the driveway, what with all the fresh powder over packed down, frozen snow.

4. agreed

5. Been awhile since i've posted in this thread haha. Dumped the honda, was fun but not fast enough. Went with an 850 Turbo, fun but had problems, swapped to a 245, gutless but such an amazing car.. bought another 850 Turbo, built it, blew it up. Bough my 245 back and a bunch of other old volvos.

1972 145  Project Car

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1982 242 Currently being stripped and parted, parts going into my wagons and other cars.
    [​IMG]

1983 242  300,000 Miles and going strong.   Blew a radiator hose on this trip, just old and slipped off the nipple, tightened it down and she's been good since. 
    [​IMG]

1981 245 DL My baby,  Bilstein HD's Poly's Anti Sway Bars, Panhards etc.  

[​IMG]

Also daily drive a 1993 Volvo 940 Turbo, its a beater. 

6. Pics of my mazda2. 20140708_151956.jpg 20140708_152028.jpg

7. Besides being incredibly safe, whats the allure to the Sweeds??
    Seems like they would be difficult cars to hook up... Not many speed parts... Or really parts in general......
    (Not hatin)

8. Lots of aftermarket support for 240's  and incredibly fast when built or swapped.    Easy to get 250HP out of the 8V Turbo Motors, typical build is around 300 at the wheels, anything more your putting a 16V head on and moving away from the 8V SOHC setup. Though there are some crazy SOHC setups making insane power. 

The cars use an old tractor motor and in sweden there is tremendous aftermarket support.  T5 Transmission bolt into the cars with little work, yoshifab and another company sell kits which will allow you to drop the M46 (4 speed with Manual OD) good for about 300hp with a much better Ford T5 Unit 

The cars are incredibly easy to boost and most owners +T their cars with components from anther turbo then upgrade the turbos and management system..  A lot run EZK or Megasquirt.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu_bMCYZhfw

There is a large community behind the old RWD models,  the new FWD cars are ok, i've owned a few but i stay in the 80's with my Volvos now just due to cost and ease to work on. 

A lot of hard to find parts can be made yourself or bypassed.  That yellow one has 300,000 miles on it and is one of our best running cars, probably has another 200-300k for a major overhaul is needed. 

Head gaskets take an hour or two to change, water pumps 15 mins, timing belts 20 minutes.   8V's non interference so you pretty much cannot fuck it up. 

Problem in the community is people go a bit crazy, we start building our cars and then go go go. So a lot of that stock feeling is lost. 

My 242 that i'm ripping apart is sitting on over $1500 worth of used suspension stuff. So the support and market is there.

Yoshifab
    Kapelenke 
    RSI
    R-Sport
    Volvo Shop
    Pat Dickman
    IPD
    Snaab 

And a handful of builders and tuners keep this community very solid. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc46PGEEObw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ty5lsJ11ek
    The wild and crazy fun swaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymi0xkErqWI

Note: These swaps are unneeded but totally awesome, you can get the same power and run the same boost out of a built 16V or T5 Volvo motor/swap.     The 8V's cannot touch a 2J or any of the T5 (Volvo Turbo'd 5cylinder motor)  or a 16V head swap. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLOXknz8epA

T5 Swap, my favorite, had a mildly built T5 in my 850 before i blew the motor. Have another and would like to swap it into one of my 2's someday.

[​IMG]

waiting on someone to run a camera, wonderful snowstorm today.

10. I had a buddy in FL with a 240(?)
    It would whip some wicked donuts lolol
    I knew they have a very loyal following, but I didnt know there was so much aftermarket gear for them...

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422721573.604040.jpg in the making

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Just bought this today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423534085.027883.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423537609.457250.jpg 2012 ford f 250 she's my baby

14. You really multi-quoted like 2 pages....To reply "Agreed"?!???!?!!?

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423539588.927504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Ive actually given this some thought. Who would suspect this to be fast??
    [​IMG]
    Its like the ultimate sleeper.
    I do love my full size american land yachts.... But this.... This has given me ideas......

17. Gotta love the 240 wagons, sweet rides

18. Chevy astro

Attached Files: