Hey everyone, just wanted to start off here at grasscity by sharing my own recipe on firecrackers for everyone to enjoy! The reason I love firecrackers are because they are quick and easy to make, you don't need much weed and they get you so baked for the whole damn day!
Anyway here is my recipe, I have written this mostly by myself - I originally started with this recipe and have modified it according to my experiences with each new version of firecracker, don't ask me why some steps are weird haha, i wrote most of this while I was stoned, but who cares as long it works, right!?
OK, here goes - and any criticism/questions or thanks are appreciated
What you need:
- 0.5g weed per cracker (you can always eat more)
- Tasty crackers, I usually use Ritz or Jacobs
- High fat Peanut butter (can be substituted with Nutella/Chocolate spread)
- Something small to mix your weed & peanut butter (I use toothpicks)
- Enough aluminum foil to cover your crackers + optional extra
- An oven (duh!?) I use the grill on mine.
Please check the notes at the bottom of the recipe also!
Steps: (Part 1: baking your marijuana): why?
- Pre-heat oven to 120c or 250f, wait 10 minutes for it to heat up.
- What I do while waiting is make a small kind of bowl for my marijuana out of the "optional extra" aluminum foil so that it is easier to collect/check my weed after it has been through the oven.
- Put the weed in the oven, and set the timer for 15 minutes, that should be enough. You can tell if you pinch your nugs and they fall apart into dust that you are perfect. Now keep your weed to the side for one moment.
Steps: (Part 2: baking your firecrackers)
- Technically this part is named wrong but meh... it sounds better. Anyway set your oven to 150c or 300f and wait till it heats up... should be 10-15 mins.
- This time while you wait, spread ONE side of EACH cracker with peanut butter, quite thickly, 0.5-1cm thick is ideal.
- Evenly "sprinkle" your weed on half of the peanut crackers, as the other half will be used to sandwich your pot. Then using your mixing tool, carefully mix as well as possible the marijuana and peanut butter making sure as much surface area as possible comes into contact with the peanut butter. Take your time if you must, better safe than sorry.
- Sandwich the remaining peanut butter crackers to the ones containing weed and give them a gentle squish together. Then completely wrap in aluminum foil, I wrap them in 1 layer, sometimes 2 but I wonder if more layers would affect the heat reaching the crackers?
- Put them in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, crank the heat up to 180c or 350f and set the timer for another two minutes, don't ask why I do this lol I really have no idea why I came up with this, I think it was from reading other recipes which had much higher temperatures or something?
- Wait till the crackers cool down a little then ENJOY!
- 1st time with firecrackers I recommend 1g of weed, also personally I have never noticed smoking tolerance effect my high with firecrackers - its always mind blowing!
- I use 0.5g per cracker as a guideline for good quality herb, but any quality can be used and is sometimes recommended!
- Natural peanut butter seems to contain the most fat, if in doubt just mix your PB with some butter before adding it to crackers. The more fat the better, as this is what absorbs the THC and is digested by you.
- My oven has a fan, and instructions tell me to set 20c (70f) below advertised temperatures, check yours.
- Aluminum foil is used to stop the crackers burning, they taste like shit when that happens so foil is a must.
- THC has a boiling point of 200c or 392f
- c= Celsius and f= Fahrenheit here obviously
- It may take 45-90 minutes before you start feeling high DO NOT EAT TOO MUCH or you might be sick and trust me its not worth it!
The question most likely to be asked is why bake the weed? Long answer short; I'm not sure. But I definitely notice an increase in potency when smoked or eaten after being "baked" Although baking takes away most of the smell, some taste still lingers and the added strength certainly makes up for the loss. I read somewhere that the baking process converts most of the left over alkaloids to "usable" THC and THCV, which I'm guessing would mostly apply to fresher buds that haven't completely dried yet?
Anyway guys have fun this is a must try even if you are skeptical you have to try you wont be disappointed.
Please post your experiences, I'd love to hear them!
Edited by aciid, 08 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.