Lets Build a Clone Machine *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Ralex999, it never gets old hearing that. Thanks for taking the time to say the kind words. If you read my other thread, you would know how I feel about growing weed. Growing weed is amazing but extremely lonely. Without this outlet I doubt I would still grow my own bud. I know enough folks growing medical weed now, that getting some would be as simple as a phone call. I dig the unique fellowship and contacts I have pulled out of the pages in this forum. A few new life long friends and some killer times online is more payback then a guy could ask for.
    No need to thank me, I have got more then I have gave.
    R.

2. beautiful craftsmanship. can't wait to build one on my own. question, though, will i be able to find misters in hardware stores or do i need to buy them from a hydroponic store?

3. I talked about that in the first post in this thread. The answer is yes you can find mister heads at most hardware stores or nurseries. But.... You will have to find a way to thread them into the PVC pipe. They have fine threads that are not self tapping. I have done it, but I have a killer tap and die set (made for making threads in metal). Perhaps you can find a good way to tap threads that will allow us to use other mister heads, but I needed a way to install them without special tools. Let us know if you can do it another way, it will give folks more options.

We need to tap the hole with a matching thread to your mister heads. The EZ-Clone sprayer heads have about the same threads as a number 10 wood screw. It is one of the reasons we are using that brand. If you use a mister head from Lowes, Homedepot or any other hardware store, you may need to find another way to tap that hole correct.

Screw the number 10 wood screw into the drilled holes. Make sure you don't poke through to the bottom of the pipe. A 3/4" screw is perfect, it wont go through the bottom and makes a nice thread.
    Install the screw into each hole and then remove it. It will leave the hole with a slight thread:
    [​IMG]

4. Rumple - You Da Man!!
    I swear if I wasn't laid off Id be building a bubble bucket and a cloner next weekend!! You just have the best layouts and easiest hookups Ive seen. I mean your setups are practacally idiot proof!! Props man...Props

5. wow awesome!

what do you use the shelve strips in your grow room for???

doesnt a aeroponics system also add air to the spray? is this done some how by this system?

6. The shelf is used to hold small plants close to the light. I don't always use it. I clone for other people and the soil growers can't always pick up the clones right away.
    So I need to grow the clones in soil for a while and they need light.

The spray is what it is. Water air humidity in just the right mixture.

7. Wow thank you SO MUCH! That clearly took time and effort on your part - I am humbly appreciative.

*smiles & hearts*

8. Maybe a stupid question but how often do you mist them?

9. The pond pump stays on and mists the stem day and night until you get roots growing.

10. Are they rooted yet Rump? Have you tried giving them indirect room lighting before?

11. i am going to buiild this too :) as soon as my bucket is done.

should i order the 1300 pump or should i spent the $5 for the next one up or is it too big?

also, your shelves gave me a great idea, i am going to put shelve strips in my room and modify my CFL holders to conect to the shelve brackets and i have awesome adjustable side lighting! unless there is a better way to keep my clip on cfl side lightings up... :)

12. #52 cray1000, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
    PS. what are you using for your fan? is that a shelve strip or something else? i want to put them up in my room to do CFL's and a fan like that.

if it is a shelf strip, how do you connect the fan to it?

13. also., my local grow shop has via aqua pump but never heard of a model 1300. they were like 302, 303 or something like that. will any via aqua pump work that has a certain GPH??? or does it need ot be that one?

14. Ok, I wish you had not asked this. They found a home last weekend in a soil grow of a good friend. I forgot to get some pictures of the transplant. They all rooted as they always do, even though it was 90 degrees it still only took 14 days. I will cut some more tonight and get some photos posted up.

Sorry for the shitty finish to my build. Kicking myself,

15. As long as it is around 300 GPH it should be fine.

16. Hey Rump,

Anyway to use only non phed plain tap water this time to put all the myths to bed?

17. is 315gph. they have one that is 520 for $8 more, is that too much? or the more the better?

18. This isn't a shitty finish. Nothing you do is shitty. This is another awesome diy thread by you. I take everything you say as the gospel of marijuana growing.

19. Sweet, found my next project. :smoke:

I bought a pump the other day but too small I think.
    Will try again.

20. I can't be 100% sure. I have only used this one pump (via aqua 1300) and never tried another. Please let us know how what you find out.