Warning to acid droppers

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by K4LImist, Aug 8, 2009.

1. You can tell you're tripping, by monitoring what is going on in the brain when you take the drug. Scientists have these wonderful tools known as CT Scans, MRI's, and so on - which they use to see what is going on in the brain when you take a drug.

If people were able to change the way their brains are functioning - to match that of them taking a drug - scientists/doctors would be able to do tests to confirm it.

Your friend is either lying, or experiencing a placebo effect.

Like I said... I've researched pretty good into yoga, and I've never once heard of anyone actually being able to change the chemistry in their brain by meditation.

2. ah shit, i wouldn't have realized that until it was too late either OP. damn. I'm glad the night's over for you, i'm sure the night went downhill quick.

3. mabey kuz im tripping balls or mabey its because that is the most absurd post ever but i just LOL'd for about 10 minutes thanks guy

4. #44 maleadapted, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFFMtq5g8N4"]YouTube - Ken Wilber Stops His Brain Waves[/ame]
    This explains a little about how this is possible

5. #45 IGotTheCottons, Oct 29, 2009
    Changing your brain waves, and changing the actual chemistry of your brain are 2 totally different things.

Your friend is experiencing a placebo effect.

EDIT: Here's an example of providing solid proof of something...

My statement: With the proper practice, you can focus your body's own natural energy to the point where you can actually boil water with your bare hands.

My proof:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWCn8PkHeuk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Qigong Master Emits Heat From Hand 200+ degrees[/ame]

6. i don't think this video proves very much either. the only way for me to prove it is for you to do it. then you will know and i have proven it. pretty nonsensical to even try to prove something like that. like a little while ago me and a friend came up with an experiment that could prove that the soul and the body are seperate. this would involve you going into some meditative astral projection and seeing if your body could make a completely involuntary action. impossible to prove, but if it happened to you, you would know that it happened.
    then to prove it you would have to teach someone how to do it.

7. #47 IGotTheCottons, Oct 29, 2009
    Again, it's different.

If a person was able to physically change their brain chemistry, via meditation, doctors/scientists would be able to observe this chemical change via several means of testing. There would be some proof somewhere.

Once again, your friend is experiencing what is known as the placebo effect. He is not ACTUALLY changing his brain chemistry to that where it would mimic him having just taken cocaine... If he were actually doing so (and if other people could do this as well), there would be some form of observable proof.

Just like when they test to see what areas of your brain are lighting up when you ACTUALLY take the drug - they would be able to do the same test, to determine if the same is happening with the meditation.

There would be some proof out there - somewhere... But yet there is none...

Why?

(The answer is easy - It's because it's a placebo)

But whatever man... You can believe your friends lunacy all you want... I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.

EDIT: You said my video didn't prove very much. It proved that people can focus their energy enough to where they can boil water with their hands. The proof is in the infrared camera. You can actually see the guys palm heating up to boiling hot during the one part. Thus, it's proof that my claim is true. So I ask you... How is my video not proof that my claim was correct? Are you suggesting the video was doctored somehow? :rolleyes:

8. i was just saying that your video doesn't have anything to do with the content of what im talking about except that it proves someone elses point. you are very synical for someone who does a lot of drugs

9. Well it woulda helped if you said that in your first post. ;)

I never said the video had anything to do with what we were talking about. I was using it as an example:

I'm not cynical man... And just because I do a lot of drugs does not mean I have to believe some random person on the internet when they say "my friend can make cocaine in his brain through meditation". Just because I do drugs doesn't mean I live in a fantasy world. I actually require proof of something, before I believe it. That's not cynical... That's me using my brain.

10. narley time brahh,, fuckin a

11. i have to say there is at least a few things that are not true about this post. i will start and stop with the first claim

DMT = Acid - well it is pretty similar so what can i say about that. but they are both drugs that are active on serotonin levels. they do however act on two seperate receptors, acid being the serotonin(5ht) 2c, and dmt acts on serotonin 2a.

if i am wrong here someone point it out

but

Herion = Seratonin - wrong. Heroin react to morphine like molecules called endorphins,
    and actually has a connection with low seratonin levels.

12. Man, his whole post is just flat out wrong. He has no clue what he's talking about.

13. Don't try to fight an acid trip, acid is in control of you, you are not in control of it, this defeats the point of psychedelics completely as it's suppose to destroy your ego for you to gain anything from it. OP's post disappoints me, sounds like the kids who do mushrooms in my town and wonder why they have bad trips and never learn anything from it, they just do it to get fucked up. No offense.

14. amen!

15. x2!

:hello:

16. Yeah xanax is my go-to for the ends of trips and rolls. I'm pretty sensitive to that shit when it comes to the sleepy side of it anyway. I have a pretty steady supply of that though, so sorry for your situation man. If i didn't have the xanax though i'd probably shoot for some valerian root with a bong on top of it. That would probably bring you down a notch.

P.S.

Haha, why are you using so many semi colons?

17. fuck sleeping off an acid trip take a load of speed n stay awake for a few more days n then crazy shit really happens, sleep deprivation causes you trip alone, adding acid n speed to the mix just gets messy veryy messy, gud times

18. I remember when I was tripping two summers ago, acid always gave me insomnia , it gives me such a strong energy for life and i think benzo kills the afterglow- but it did save me out of a trip that was too strong though and afterwards i was staring at my carpet make a bunch of swirls and the walls on my bathroom for floating in 4 dimensions

19. That is probably some of the worst advice i've ever heard man.

20. Getting back on thread topic (sorry for derailing)... I usually drop later in the night, so by the time it starts wearing off, it's already light out... I like those last few hours of the trip, and afterward, when you get to just sit and think about the journey you just took.

The problem for me comes when I dose too early, and I get to that point where I'm tired and wanna sleep... But can't, 'cause the acid hasn't fully worn off yet. That's when I just take it as a lesson learned, and remember to dose later in the night. :)

2nded for sure.