Big plants, outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ElPopo, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Hi everyone,
    This is my second season growing outdoor, even though I plant them at the end of April, my plants dont get big as I see other ppl growing. Any ideas why they might not get big?

2. You may try planting earlier to give them more veg time, if your climate permits, which i suppose it doesn't. Are they in the ground, or in pots? insufficient root space or hot roots results in generally smaller plants. Giving them some nitrogen rich ferts might halp, but other than that, don't feel like you should be keeping up with the Jonses here on GC. we have lots of real pros here.

3. Is your soil mix airy? Non airy soil mixes is a classic for stunted growth. Also you need 6-8 hours of sun to get a nice growth without stretching. End April doesn't sound late (4 / 20) to me. Sun and airy rich (see Dankohzees organic sticky) soil mix are key.

4. Now thats a thought, corto. I tend to have root problems, and i actually never thought about how my rather dense soil may affect the problem. Thank you for opening my eyes to this concept, i will certainly check out that sticky.