What amendment would you like to see added to the Constitution?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ghostwriter*, Aug 6, 2009.

1. I for one would be down for a right to privacy amendment. What about you?

2. amendment 420, people control what they put in their body, the government cant stop them:p

3. What about do to their body as well? Or committing suicide?

4. It's only illegal if you do a shitty job.

5. That was already in the original constitution. I believe they put in amendments to act agasin't it, so instead of putting more in, you would want they to take those other ones out.

That's why they can't really bust you for doing it, just for having it.

6. Isn't that what the defunct 4th Amendment is supposed to be?

7. Nope, not at all. That's about search and seizure. I mean privacy as in people have the right to smoke bud, sodomize, have abortions, and all the other 'immoral' stuff that has been outlawed in the past or present that doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights.

Outlawing or guaranteeing the right?

8. guaranteeing the right

9. We hereby add this new amendment to our constitution.

"Abortion."

10. I would like to see an amendment that would strike out "general welfare" from Article I, sec. 8, clause 1, repeal Article I, sec. 8, clause 2: "To borrow money on the credit of the United States" as well as repeal Article I, sec. 8, clause 3, better known as the "commerce clause," which reads: "To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes."

I would also like to see an amendment that required a balanced budget and any deficits be paid for with budget cuts instead of tax increases. Another good amendment would be one that put an end to the Federal Reserve and central banking once and for all and setting up a permanent gold standard. By doing those things we would solve about 70% of our problems.