Is there an advantage to a chillum over a small spoon?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by tubro, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Damn your stupid. If you pack a chillum right you can hit while pointing it at the ground if you want.

I love chillums and if I still had mine it would be my number 1 piece over my spoon.

2. Chillums are better than small spoons

3. Yeah, dude.. I use to think you had to hold the bowl straight up too.. But just plug nug the bowl, then pack ur buds fairly tight on top, you wont have to hold it straight up, and you won't pull through at the end.:smoking:

Thats the advantage of a chillum.. It's not sketchy looking to hit, as opposed to a pipe..

But OP, even if you don't feel like going out and buying one for this vacation, definitely get one in the future.

:)

4. chillums take bigger hits

5. I'm pretty much sold on the idea of getting a dugout. They seem to be very discrete and portable. Though I think the best feature would be conservation of herb. Do these tend to allow you to use less than a pipe? Also, would it fit in a cigarette pack? Would like to be able to open my cigarette pack and pull out this to further the illusion.

6. i would say chillum, they have the same bowl size, but they are MUCH thicker as well. i like thick because they normally have really nice art on it. :) thats just my 2 cents :hello:

7. You can get different length one hitters, but straight up forget about those metal cig looking ones. Get a glass one hitter, they are so much better, better taste, easier to clean, they pack more usually, and you can find one's with perfect size holes that will never suck through.

And chillums are dope, anyone who thinks otherwise probably is some lightweight who can't steady rip a pipe until they fill their lung capacity. The only downside is not being able to see if you're cornering it well, but it's still pretty easy

8. Chillums are def. my favorite dry pieces. You can take bigger hits with them, they're more discrete and they're much more portable too. I would recommend getting one with a decent sized bowl or else you'll end up having to pack it a lot which would get annoying if you're with alot of people.

9. chillum... plus when you put the chillum between your fingers you can cup your hands and make another chamber for smoke to pass through :smoking:

10. I dont know what I would do without my chillums. Im always on the go and chillums are perfect for driving and grabbing a quick smoke before dinner or movies or whatnot. I NEVER have had to hold my head back to smoke. If fact we go out on the boat with our chillums and normally have to hold them towards the ground for wind blockage. So obviously you dont know how to pack a bowl if you have to hold your head back. and the only time I ever have stuff pull through is when its a new piece and even thats rare.

11. 1) Get a chillum.
    2) DON'T PUT YOUR LIPS TO IT. Use your hand to make a chamber for smoke, and pull the smoke through your hand.
    3) Get big, smooth rips that knock you on your ass, unlike from a little bowl.
    4)????
    5) Profit.

12. I don't get these things.

A spoon the size of a bic?
    Must be harsh.

13. I had a glass chillum,it was very good,until I dropped it three feet until it hit a bike frame and broke. More important, they're great,I would recomend a chillum over a spoon for stealth smoking. They pack well,burn nice and are easier to hide,the way you hold a spoon is easy to tell someone is smoking. but with a chillum you can turn your back or whatever hit it,cover the bowl and slip it in your pocket all slick;D

14. Not sure why this got bumped, but I may as well update. I ended up taking my spoon on the vacation I was talking about in the original post. I did buy a dugout later tho, and it's pretty much the only thing I use on the go or stealth toking anymore. Really handy little pipe.