Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How to exhaust my 4x4x6'6" grow tent?

• Please log in to reply

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

Osho

Osho

Never Coming Down

• Gold Member
  • 548 posts

FRANKLY

FRANKLY

• Registered Upgraded
  • 128 posts
I'm not sure but if youre using a 600 watt fixture in that space imo you will have to up your cfm's. Presently have same wattage in a bigger area & using 2 1000 vortex one in and out, hooked to temp controled plugs, they almost always maintain the set temps but they do climb @ times, your basement set up is cooler than mine but I would def up the cfms and get 2

Good luck

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

Osho

Osho

Never Coming Down

• Gold Member
  • 548 posts

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

Osho

Osho

Never Coming Down

• Gold Member
  • 548 posts

FRANKLY

FRANKLY

• Registered Upgraded
  • 128 posts
I must be confused because if you vent a 6oo watt fixture in a 4 by 4 by 6ft tent with only a 170 cfm fan the only thing I can think of is the basement is in Alaska

Osho

Osho

Never Coming Down

• Gold Member
  • 548 posts

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

Osho

Osho

Never Coming Down

• Gold Member
  • 548 posts

Edited by Osho, 30 July 2009 - 05:37 PM.

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

Osho

Osho

Never Coming Down

• Gold Member
  • 548 posts

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

ironlung253

ironlung253

"Heavy as Lead"

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,726 posts

Hey man,

The size of your grow space and the capacity of your fan (especially if it is not air tight other than the ducting) will not produce enough negative pressure to create a reliable draw from your intake vent. Not to mention that you should be creating positive pressure rather than negative pressure, as this will produce a more sterile environment (pharmaceutical companies use Positive Pressure for all of their clean rooms, as do hospitals).

Place a powered fan on your intake as you will need much more fresh air than you are currently providing. Taking all the air out without a STRONG feed of fresh air will thin the air and help in retaining more heat. Fresh air is key mate, KEY!

You had stated that your exhaust fan was on the low side and your intake was on the high side. You need to switch them as hot air rises, and taking air from the lowest point in your room will take out all the cool air. General rule of thumb.

Try to create an even balance between both your intake and exhaust. Clean, fresh air will help your plant in so many ways, and the proper exhausting of that room (from the TOP of your room not the bottom) will prevent too much C02 from building up within the environment and reduce the heat factor immensely.

Try splitting your exhaust vent ducting inside your room so you are taking heat from your lamp (makes a world of difference with the heat) and your room.

Leaving all electronics outside or minimality with the amount of electric appliances inside your room is much safer and helps with maintenance as your plants will not be stressed if you need to access one of your appliances (fan, ballast, etc.)

Here's how I run mine.
Posted Image
Posted Image

+rep

Great post! Excellent advise about the positive pressure. That is another one of those misconceptions being spread through GC. Negative pressure is exchanging air before your plants get to benefit from the fresh c02. More air coming in than out!!!:smoking:

Osho

Osho

Never Coming Down

• Gold Member
  • 548 posts

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

Osho

Osho