how long to wait to flower after transplant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by andre2000, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Today I am going to transplant 9 og kush clones from 1 gallon nursery pots into 3 gallon smart pots. Also at the same time, I am going to move them from under my t5 lighting, to under my 600w light. All clones are about a foot tall, which is the size i was planning on flowering them at. So the question is, how long should I allow them to recover from the transplant before I flower them? Thanks for the help in advance.

2. No time. Into the flowering room they go! =]

3. Yeah if done carefully, I never found transplanting to have much of an adverse affect. I'd usually give them just a day or two of recovery just for the heck of it but I think you'd be fine switching to flower immediately.

4. I always wondered if throwing the plant into flower immediately after transplanting affects yield. I would think that giving the roots time to fill out the new pot that it's transplanted into, will make the plant more sturdy allowing it to support bigger branches and more bud weight. I'm just guessing though... Anyone else have input regarding this topic? :confused_2: :bongin:

5. There is no reason to wait. The plant may take a little while longer to start to flower due to the stress it underwent during transplanting but it will return to normal growth fairly quickly.