Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can MM help Lyme Disease patients?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by AllHopeIsBong, Jul 26, 2009.

1. I have had Lyme disease for 5 and 1/2 years. It can't be cured it can only be treated with pain meds and antibiotics. I smoked bud for the first time the other day [and every day since then]. It made me just forget about the pain (kinda like a pain pill, but not as harsh of a crash) and the next day I felt great.
    Does anyone know if there has been a successful treatment of a Lyme disease patient with pot?

2. My brother also has Lyme (it blows), and I probably do also (get my tests back next week). Weed can ease the pain, but cannot kill the Lyme bacteria... so It's not really "curing it" just providing temporary relief. Im sure you can get a card if your in a state that has a MMJ program, for Lyme can have some really nasty symptoms.

3. Thanks for the feedback, man! I hope you and your brother get better. I figured pot wouldn't be able to kill the borellia bacteria, but I like pot way more than painkillers. And you can't be addicted to pot like you can pain pills.

4. Haha Amen. It paralyzed his right foot for about 5 days, half his face for a few days, and put him in the ER with heart failure so far... let's see what's instore next I guess :p

5. I'm so sorry, man. Lyme disease is such a horrible disease.

6. Lyme Disease confuses the fuck out of me, I was diagnosed about a month ago and just finished my course of antibiotics. From what I've read online and heard from my doctor is that I'l be perfectly ok now. I'm not calling you a liar, but how the hell have you had Lyme Disease for 5 1/2 years?!

and, dude definitly smoke bud to help out with any phyiscal pains you may have.

7. I have chronic lyme disease meaning that the spirochetes have been in my body for so long that normal antibiotics won't work. I didn't get diagnosed with Lyme disease until 2 years into my illness. If your Lyme disease gets discovered in the first 1-3 months (like yours) you can treat it with Doxycycline. But if it goes unnoticed for years (like mine) the spirochetes can work their way into the kidneys, hypothalamus, heart, brain, and any other cells it can work its way into.

8. Wanted to bump this thread.

I have had lyme 3 or 4 times at a very young age. One time it was so bad I was so weak I could not walk. I am now 20 and I believe I have chronic lyme. The left side of my head is constantly numb, or pressurized. Hard to describe the sensation. I believe this is from lyme. My blood tests said I was a +1 for lyme I believe 1.1 was positive and I was just under that, so I was treated again for the past 2 weeks on doxycycline hyclate 100mg twice a day, it did not make it go away (and I was not expecting it to) Herb is one thing I use to ease the pain in my head.

9. Here is one long-a** article on chronic lyme disease
    CHRONIC LYME DISEASE

Lets skip to the relevant part (scrollscrollscroll)

Did he say inflammatory cytokines?:D

More reading....

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...7651ff4c9b74a2b9804178958eb&ie=/sdarticle.pdf

10. First sorry posting so late just found the site. I had the same thing happen to me I not only feel good during the high but the next day even without getting high. I looked into it and Pot as some antibiotic properties to it, also it raises your body temp which Lyme can not tolerate. In my opinion I believe that it is killing off the Lyme but then again what do I know. I just know that I have gone from not being able to do anything without getting tired within the first 30min to going back to work and working a full day. Now I'm not a 100% but I'm a lot better than I was. I went from being about 30% of what I use to be to about 65/70%.

Here is a link that gives a little more insight to Marijuana's antibiotic properties.
    Medical Marijuana - Antibiotic Properties

11. I wish I had been able to convince my ex wife to try smoking for her Lyme's. Good luck with treating it!