Reasons not to use synthetic fertlizer (steroids) to grow your plants

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by adamantasauras, Jul 26, 2009.

1. they have not deleted this thread yet? what is funny is he has no grow or true factual personal experience to back up his claims. I, however, do have over 100 grows which blows his theories out of the water.

2. i am an organic grower who has grown with both synthetic and organic fertilizers over the 30 years i've been growing pot.

1) i live in the west where water rights are more controversial than telling the NRA you want their guns. where i grow and all along the watershed for miles, synthetic fertilizers are illegal and this is enforced heavily and DFG officials regularly check as well.

2) there was a very sad bird sanctuary called Kesterson refuge that was low ground where it received agricultural runoff. the deformed birds suffering from selenium poisoning looked worse than a nightmare. and the bird sanctuary was named a toxic waste site just from the runoff and all the farmers upstream were strictly limited in their ability to use synthetics.

3) the single largest law enforcement headache in the mountains of California are guerrilla growers from the Mexican Mafia, and the toxicity of the synthetics, applied by illegal immigrants who don't know what they are doing as well as the destruction of habitat.

as we speak, there are literally dozens of toxic illegal grows that have been busted that have HAZMAT teams stretched thin. some have been so bad that the state air-lifted fire crews/HAZMAT teams for abatement.

the problem is not with some of the more experienced growers, the problems are with the rookies and foreigners.

it is my personal experience that organic grows taste better, but that has nothing to do with THC content.

3. You are exactly right, and most of these hazardous grows are not so much inexperience as they are commercial and the growers care about harvesting profits, not quality. Also, you are not trying to push your personal preference on to the many others who prefer or do not have the time to grow organically. I have grown many crops orgnically, in fact, I use to do several 100 plant outdoor grows completely with organics, it would have been too costly to do it with commercial nutes, and the only other options were industrial ferts which I refuse to this day to use.

We can all learn how to grow and use products correctly, so there is no need to shove this crap down our throats and discourage those with less or no experience. We do not need this type of fanatical BS here. I do apologize, but I take offense when some-one accuses me of growing poison and they have little if any experience in growing.

less

4. #84 oldskoolgrower, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
    My outdoor grows are always organic. My indoor grows are done using a combination of organic and synthetic.

EDIT: It really is about quality and proper application though. High quality chelated nutes are just fine when used wisely. If you start talking bulk, cheap industrial stuff then ick I say. Ick.

5. steroids should be legal:eek:

and i eat babies for breakfast:eek:

6. I have been visiting a hydroponic greenhouse that provides grade A vegetables to surrounding restaurants using properly formulated synthetic nutrients. The qualification for organic is its source, not what it contains, synthetic nutrients are formulated for the plant AND for the person consuming them. We need things from the plants too, just cause its organic doesnt mean it has it.

7. #87 Rob Zombie, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2009
    In case you missed chemistry classes, tobacco has benzenic compounds, such as nicotin. Treated tobacco (comercial cigarrets and stuff) has more aromatics! Aromatics have something called ressonance. This will give you cancer. Period.

No, really. The place where I buy it, they don't even have poison for sale.

Human beings physiology has f***ing sh*t to do with plants. You should read more before saying nonsenses like that. In case you decide to get smarter, search for articles that underwent peer review, and not those Blog-Fashion-Plant-I-RoxXxed-jOO-money-BIGtime-Magazines.

That's because synthetics have no flavor added for costs sake.

Capitalism made you feel this way, trust me. You don't need to taste good stuff. Propaganda tells you everyday you need to. In fact, if someone fed you horse dung from birth and none told you it was bad, you'd be eating it today and thinking it was good stuff.

Plants don't WANT anything. You do, because you have a well developed nervous system (apparently not, but I would guess so).

Truth be told, all we need are the nutes and period. Hell, if people were bred for beef, they probably would be kept in induced coma while being fed by tubes, with synthetic food, so they couldn't complain and cause any problem.

I'm sorry to say this, but... this might be one of the most weyrd post I've ever seen online in my whole life. Gotta lay down the peyotte dude...

8. i would just rather smoke/eat anything organic. perhaps there is no real reason why one should do this. we all do what we want anyway. i am sure it is possible to get nicer fruits with synthetics because everything is optimized etc...i dont know. i wouldnt go so far as to say everything the OP did, but in my uninformed humble opinion id choose organic over chemical. :smoking::smoking::smoking: