Reasons not to use synthetic fertlizer (steroids) to grow your plants

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by adamantasauras, Jul 26, 2009.

1. When I first started growing I bought a hydroponic kit online and it came with all the stuff you needed to grow (lights, fertilizer, pumps, and of course a grow chamber to put the plants in) and a couple of other things. Well when it was time to fertilize the plants I would put this powdered and crystalize shit into water and mix it really good and then feed it to the plants. Another thing that came with the hydro kit was a little white plastic bottle and there was a cheap plastic label someone put on it. The label on it says to put about one teaspoon of this into your misting bottle and spray it on the leaves and your leaves will grow bigger. Inside this plastic bottle was a blueish nasty smelling liquid. And of course through ignorance I sprayed this shit on my plants and fed the steroids (fertilizer) to the plants. Well a couple of months later I was reading about how during the nixon administration the president put together plans to spray all the weed that was coming into mexico with chemicals and people ended up smoking it and reported lung problems. So I was researching this and somehow or another I ended up reading about how companies put this blueish liquid in poisons they manufacture so it will induce vomiting and the people wont die from drinking the poison. Well this same blue liquid used to make people vomit is the same exact blue liquid I saw in the white bottle that said spray on your leaves to make them grow bigger WHAT THE FUCK IS IN THAT BOTTLE I WAS SPRAYING ON MY PLANTS.

But I am going to list very good logical reasons not to use any synthetic fertilizer and any store bough soil

1. All this shit is poison so if your plant eats poisoned and you eat/smoke the plant you get poisoned... I can back this up with tobacco Go to erowid.org and go into the tobacco vault and look at the article entitled radioactivity in tobacco. Well the reason why tobacco gives you cancer is because the plant is radioactive and radiation causes CANCER!!! so Why the fuck is tobacco radioactive?? well it is because of the synthetic fertilizer they use to commercially grow tobacco the soil has polonium and radon in it and tobacco takes up those chemicals via soil/fertilizer and you end up getting cancer from smoking the radioactive tobacco... So here is my solution to still smoke tobacco and not get cancer are you ready??? grow your own tobacco and use organic fertilizer.

2. if you go into buy fertilizer in some stores you will notice that the fertilizer is right next to the insect poison and rat poison and shit like that because synthetic fertilizer is fucking POISON..

3. Growth hormones being used to clone plants (probably the dumbest idea ever just grow it from seed fuck this cloning bullshit..) So we know that cows fed growth hormones end up getting cancer from the growth hormones they are fed and then those same cows end up on our dinner plate for us to eat and then we end up getting cancer (we live in a cancer epidemic and this is why people IGNORANCE).. So what makes you think the rooting hormones we give plants to clone don't have any negative effects on us when we ingest them.. Look at what steroids do to human beings who use them to get bigger muscles... they end up with all these fucking problems and it's ridiculous. so yea keep cloning plants and killing yourselves bad idea

4. Anything grown organically tastes so much better than anything grown synthetically from weed to tomatoes the quality is un fucking believable compared to stuff grown synthetically. It may not grow as big but if your aren't a gluttonous greedy self centered person then quality should matter over quantity.

5. If you truly love your children (your plants) then you would feed them what tastes best to the plant and what is the healthiest for you and the plant. If humanity had any shred of compassion in them then they would see growing anything synthetic is morally wrong and disgusting. I mean can you a human being survive just on pills with all the nutrients your body needs? yes you can but think about what kind of life that would be you would never taste any food what so ever your life would be horribly empty without ever tasting the nice juicy steak instead you get a fucking protein pill...

6. The plants themselves don't want to be fed that bullshit they want some real fucking food they want that all natural cow/horse shit and some leftover wood ashes and saw dust which is equivalent to our steak with mash potatoes and rice.

Wake up become concious of everything you do every action has a reaction.

Plants were here before us and they can make our asses extinct (remember we need them they don't need us) give them some fucking respect stop using them for your own personal gain and develop a truly loving relationship with them.

Enlighten yourself

2. #2 Yowler, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    I don't see a single, logical reason in your post to stop using synthetic fertilizer, just a completely unfounded rant against something that you know nothing about.

edit: i think you might be crazy

3. Dude, GTFO with this bullshit. I have been growing 30 years, and can dispell almost every point you are trying to make in your pitiful attempt at THINKING you know what you are talking about.

less

4. First off you really just don't understand the nature of cancer. Its epidemic like obesity, some people inherited some people earn it. Also cancer is brought on by the body as sort of healing. Cancer starts where something is already damaged. As you implied smoking cause damage, so does radiation. Also the human limit of radiation is way higher. If you want to say pesticides and fungicides, then you would be right. But currently your confused. Your a new uninformed organic radical. That's the worst kind of terrorist.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

5. all i gotta say is...( i diddnt read all the way through sorry ) is FUCK NIXON .. lying cunt ...

just watched the union today...i would not believe a word that fucker says

6. do it then dispell my points if I am wrong I am not afraid to admit it, this is what I see and know and if you see/know something different tell me I want to know if I am wrong

7. #8 darookie2000, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    I didn't read the whole thing, but reading the first few lines (I'm 99% sure you're talking about moon dust and spray and grow), I know where you bought your kit. Dump those nutrients and get some real ones.

#3 talks about growth hormones being used to clone plants... I think you are confused here, we don't use BGH (BOVINE growth hormone) or HGH (HUMAN growth hormone) to clone plants, we use PLANT growth hormones. The rooting hormones used aren't always synthetically derived - most of them are already present in rooting plants, and since plants are relatively cheap to produce, why would a small nutrient company go through the process and expense of synthesizing what could be extracted much more easily and cheaply?

Calm down, just because someone has a different opinion about using salts to fertilize instead of acids doesn't mean that they are wrong, or using poison, or anything else of the sort. The label "organic" is actually a bit absurd at this point. In order to call a product organic, you typically need OMRI listing (in the US), which is an expensive and relatively long process that many nutrient companies producing organic nutrients don't want to bother with. They do it in many cases, but they would prefer not to.

8. There are concerns though about arsenic, cadmium and uranium accumulating in fields treated with phosphate fertilizers. The phosphate minerals contain trace amounts of these elements and if no cleaning step is applied after mining the continuous use of phosphate fertilizers leads towards an accumulation of these elements in the soil. Eventually these can build up to unacceptable levels and get into the produce.

9. 4. Anything grown organically is better. Really? Are you sure? If I do a shitty job of growing something organically, can you guarantee that it will taste better than something I grew using salts? If I use some salts early on in the process and then switch to organic nutrients, will a badly done organic grow taste better?

10. I remember when my friend was growing we were looking up the certain type of nitrogen synthetic fertilizer he was using I forget exactly what was in it bc it was so long ago but there was some trace elements of heavy metals I'm pretty sure lead and arsenic was in it... you won't find this in your home made compost

11. It sounds like you have more of a beef with the production process than using them. Uranium is naturally occurring in most soils, so if you are that concerned about it, wouldn't you want to avoid soil altogether? And it's present in water too, so you'll want to stick with strictly reverse-osmosis or distilled water. The problem is that unless you plan on generating your own power, and capturing your water from rain, and then distilling it, etc. etc. you are going to be up against the perils of modern technology, which sometimes include undesirable waste. Do I agree with it? Absolutely not. I do my best to assure that everything I put in the plants is as pure as possible, but the reality is that even organic nutrients are subject to environmental controls, and so even purely organic grows can include metallic byproducts.

12. Are you sure about that? I bet your water has some traces of heavy metals in it, which means that you are watering your vegetable garden with it, which means that your soil has it, as do your veggies, and there you go, right back into the heavy metal buildup.

13. I just picked some garlic from my organic garden the garlic was much smaller than the ones you find in the supermarket but the smell was ten times stronger and it tasted a lot better. Why would you use salts to grow your plants salts will kill plants I thought... just on a side note you should never buy any fertilizer you can make your own compost and use basically alot of stuff around the house as a good fertilizer and your plants will grow ridiculous. I made my compost last year and used it this year and my plants love it they are growing so big and healthy I have never seen plants this healthy. My grandfather used synthetic fertilizer (miracle grow) on his tomato plants and my tomato plants are much bigger and healthier than his (i grew them in my compost and put horse manure over the top of them after). I also got the horse manure for free from my neighbor which was awesome... You can also look on craigs list for horse manure people give it away for free. But I am not to sure with a badly done organic grow because I have never done it I am sorry but I know when I grew synthetically vs. organic the plants tasted 10 times better. And I got this information from the medicinal marijuana grow bible book I bought a while ago the author stated himself that growing organically tastes alot better.

14. I have a distiller to clean my water and when I didn't have that I boiled it but now all that took up way too much electricity... So i get my water from ponds and streams which I don't think has all those chemicals added to it but I could be wrong.

15. OH SHIT RADIOACTIVE CIGARETTES!!!!!

why don't you stop reading wikipedia in Simple English and do some real research.

16. Maybe not added to it, but you'll certainly get runoff from any nearby soil contamination, or any atmospheric pollutants that have made their way into the rainwater or into the water table.

17. Yes the steroids we use for cows and humans are also present in the cows and humans "testosterone" and don't we see that using isolated hormones like that give us some pretty negative side effects. So a person injects himself with steroids (the testosterone is already present in him) and he ends up having heart problems. We give a plant some rooting hormones (which it already has in it) what are the negative effects on that plant? I mean look at all the sythetic pills we make that are just isolated chemicals they have horrible side effects. I think phizer made a THC pill called marinol which was pure THC and people did not like taking that pill because it gave them bad side effects like nausea and headaches. But when you smoke marijuana it actually settles nausea and cures your headache when the pill causes it. And I'm not talking about buying organic fertilizer I am talking about making your own (the real cheap/free way) but I should have been mor clear about that sorry I was kind of in a hurry to just put my ideas down because I wanted to go to bed when I wrote this.

18. Yea and I have no choice but to do that until I get a home water reverse osomosis filtration system.. I wonder why people put up with this shit I mean theres poison in our water and food shouldn't people be screaming as loud as they can about this?

19. I've read about this in more than one source and it didn't come from wikipedia at all