Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How many grams in a ......

• Please log in to reply

chevyguy2034

chevyguy2034

waiting for my ruca

• Old School
  • 1,299 posts
I've never known about the grams measurements. So, I need to know how many grams are in a nic, dime, and 8th, thanks!

Similar Topics: How many grams in a ......     x

Blocko

Blocko

I'm the greatest

• Old School
  • 1,052 posts
a dime is 1 gram

I've never heard of nic

an 8th is 3 or 4 I think.

Chimp

Chimp

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
a dime usually means 10$ worth of bud.. which isnt always a gram

hippagraph

hippagraph

the world is my octopus

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
by nic i assume you mean nickel bag which means 5$ worth of bud. so like a bowl to a bowl and a half.

johnnyBuz

johnnyBuz

Homegrown

• Old School
  • 623 posts
luke i've never heard of a dime being 1/10 of an ounce.

i thought it was pretty standard that a nick was a $5 bag and a dime was a $10 bag. it has nothing to do with grams of bud.

so a $10 bag (dime) of shwag will give you more bud then a $10 bag (dime) of dank.

chevyguy2034

chevyguy2034

waiting for my ruca

• Old School
  • 1,299 posts
yes, i mean nickel bag, a dime is $10 here, and i under stand how much each costs, i need to know how many grams are in each. Thanks

hippagraph

hippagraph

the world is my octopus

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
the way i understand it (correct me if i'm wrong)
a nickel bag is 1/4 of a gram
a dime bag is 3/4 of a gram
an 8th is 4 grams
hope that was i dunno sorta helful?

ps. why do you wanna know?

johnnyBuz

johnnyBuz

Homegrown

• Old School
  • 623 posts
the reason they were given the names nick and dime is because that is how much they cost, not how many grams are in it.

it varies, so there is no answer on how many grams you will get.

SwissChris

SwissChris

Switzerland's finest

• Registered Upgraded
  • 679 posts
no an 8th is 3.5g and a quarter 7g half-oz 14g and an ounce 28g

YesICannabis

YesICannabis

vive cuervo!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 681 posts
where i live a dime is .5 grams ($10) and an 8th is 3.5grams. 28 grams in an oz, divide by 8 = 3.5

Unclescam777

Unclescam777

Pugnacious Slave

• Registered Upgraded
  • 518 posts
nics and dimes don't have a set amount, they are called that because of their price. I can spend $5 for a nic of shwag on the streets and get 1 1/2 grams, but a nic of some good bud might only get you enough for 1 bowl. Plus, I've never seen anybody weigh dimes or nics when they were packing the bags, they usually just put weed in a little bag until it's full. Sometimes the bag ends up fat, other times it's slack.

Duffey

Duffey

Marijuana Enthusiast

• Registered Upgraded
  • 644 posts
here 5 bucks gets you 1 to 1.5 grams of mids (cause 5 = one blunt here, so however the dealer roller blunts, he hooks you up)... (no they dont come rolled lol) im stoned so bear with me, and a dime is usually just 2 grams....

Noldster

Noldster

Marijuana Activist

• Old School
  • 920 posts
dont listen to the people who say an 8th is 3 or 4 grams. itll confuse you when you dispute with a dealer and he eventually takes out a knife or a gun and we dont want that happening now do we? 8th = 3.5 grams. ounce is 28 grams, any measurement you wanna do you just divide 28. i.e. 28/8 is 3.5 for an 8th

ideal

ideal

Waddup

• Old School
  • 1,463 posts
WTF are you guys talking about? a dime is a dime cause its a comparison to cents being .1 and a dime being 10C so its like 10 cents is 1 gram you num nuts ... thats why a nickle is .5 grams and costs 5$

nickle = 5$ = .5 grams
dime = $10 = 1 gram
1/8'th = $35 = 3.5 grams not 3-4, lol
quarter = 70 = 7 grams
half ounce = $90 = 14 grams
ounce = $180 = 24 grams

the price will not be the same but the grams/weights will anybody who tells you other wise doesnt know what theyre talking about or are getting ripped off

Exactly what Noldster said

keepitUnreal

keepitUnreal

• Registered Upgraded
  • 617 posts
A nickle is $5 no matter the amount, and a dime is $10, for any amount. If you bought a half O for $10 it would still be a dime. And an O is 28 grams.

d2000

d2000

• Registered Upgraded
  • 334 posts
^^^ exactly, the term nick or dime doesnt have anything to do with how much you get. and who the fuck buys nicks anymore? havent heard of that shit.

Duffey

Duffey

Marijuana Enthusiast

• Registered Upgraded
  • 644 posts

Originally posted by ideal
WTF are you guys talking about? a dime is a dime cause its a comparison to cents being .1 and a dime being 10C so its like 10 cents is 1 gram you num nuts ... thats why a nickle is .5 grams and costs 5$

nickle = 5$ = .5 grams
dime = $10 = 1 gram
1/8'th = $35 = 3.5 grams not 3-4, lol
quarter = 70 = 7 grams
half ounce = $90 = 14 grams
ounce = $180 = 24 grams

Exactly what Noldster said

Ideal, wtf... 24 gram ounces? lol, last time my dude fronted me an o (cause i got paid like 2 days after he gave me it, so he gave it to me earlier cause im his good friend), and i weighed it and was like "yo, this o only weighs 25 with bag (1g)" and he was like "alright man, 75 for it"

Also your prices are really shitty lol, you're prolly buyin midgrade at extreme prices, but hey, its some smoke...

i'd be happy to sell you this half o i got left for 90!

Tibur0n

Tibur0n

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Originally posted by chevyguy2034
yes, i mean nickel bag, a dime is $10 here, and i under stand how much each costs, i need to know how many grams are in each. Thanks

my understanding and im pretty sure its right :

dime = $10 - amount depends on potency
nic = $5 - ammunt varies on potency
20 sack = $20 - usually a half ounce - depending again on potency

chevyguy2034

chevyguy2034

waiting for my ruca

• Old School
  • 1,299 posts
You can't get a half ounce for 20, hell, a quarter is 30, and that's cheap stuff

ideal

ideal

Waddup

• Old School
  • 1,463 posts

Originally posted by Duffey
Ideal, wtf... 24 gram ounces? lol, last time my dude fronted me an o (cause i got paid like 2 days after he gave me it, so he gave it to me earlier cause im his good friend), and i weighed it and was like "yo, this o only weighs 25 with bag (1g)" and he was like "alright man, 75 for it"

Also your prices are really shitty lol, you're prolly buyin midgrade at extreme prices, but hey, its some smoke...

i'd be happy to sell you this half o i got left for 90!

lol it was a mistake I was stoned when I wrote this like now, im to lazy to read ur whole reply though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users