Growing a plant similar to marijuana?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wants2Grow, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Hello members of GrassCity, I'm very happy that I came across this great forum. I've been lurking for a while and decided this would probably be the best place to post my first question. I can tell this forum is filled with people educated in art of growing marijuana. So hopefully you can help me on my quest.

I currently live with my parents who are fine with me smoking marijuana, as long as I'm not being irresponsible like smoking in public or something along those lines. They wouldn't however been okay with me growing my own marijuana plant for obvious reasons. I plan on growing in the future when I move out and live on my own though but I would like to be prepared as one might say. So I'm looking for a plant that has the similar needs to grow as a marijuana plant. I've heard the expression "If you can grow a tomato plant you can grow marijuana." I'm not sure how true this is; seeing how I've never grown anything before. What I'm really looking to do is to know how to setup and take care of my plants. My parents would be fine if I was growing some kind of veggie or fruit and if it happens to be the same way you grow marijuana that's all the better.

2. You want quinoua. It grows like marijauna, grown properly they get 5 to 7 feet tall. With one main cola and several smaller side branches. It responds the same to topping FIMming and LST. It would also fun to ScRoG. Plus you can eat the seed or leaves. This is the proper way to go about growing weed. Congrats.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

3. i thought tomato plants were similar to growing weed? maybe i was wrong:rolleyes:

4. Tomatoes grow as fast as weed, but thats about it. They are vining plants, undeterminted and small bushes determined. Check qunioa out mary jane would dissappear i there if you planted them together.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan