Want to slim down, tone up, or gain muscle? Ask me for advice on anything!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by EASYlivin, Jul 22, 2009.

1. no i mean when i do the "5 reps of 20", the day that i do it, should i only do it once that day or multiple times?

2. Oh, you can do it in multiple sessions, keep the entire session within an hour and a half.

3. I've gained 23 pounds since february, of muscle..

The thing is im stuck at 140 pounds now...

I get about 200 grams of protein a day with about the same amount of carbs.
    Take weight gain shakes and work out 5 days a week, just not putting on weight anymore...

What to do?

I just bought MASS Tabs today I've read great things about them so I guess Ill see how these work out

4. You've hit a Plateau. Im about where you're at now. You need to mix up your workouts. You should stick mostly to free-weights, they work alot more muscles than any machine out there. Ask a trainer for advice on different workouts with the weights if you wish, or just observe other gym members. ( you can even ask them, most people in the gym want to help)

Keep using the protein and carbs. Remember, carbs right after the workout, followed by protein within 2 hours. try creatine, it isnt bad for you and produces very good results. good luck

5. hey easy hows it goin.

i just havea question about running and resistance training together on the same day.

i currently split between doing resistance and abs with running by doing 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening.

would it be good to do a run and ab workout together instead of different times? how long should the run be, if any limit on it? i do 8-10 mile runs for around an hour but no weights or abs around it. would it be better if i do less then ab exercises. or running hills and ab exercises?

same question except with weights? running and lifting on same day bad? heard studies it cuts down on gains from the lifting. should i do a light running warmup then weights? or if i did a resistance workout earlier in the day or the previous day and still am sore, should i run at all? again how much

i seem to be sore for a few days after my lifting, when i feel i shouldnt be because i slept alot more than normal(i seem to be tired alot more), and i ate my proper food and whey protein too. i just feel tired the next day and its been like this since i started smoking again after my t break. ive only been vaping small amounts and seem alot more tired. this week then i did last when not smoking

dont want to blame it on the pot i just cant find any other causes. hopefully its just temporary and im back in action soon

6. i was 125lbs 5'6 six months ago now 5'7 140
    wat u want to do is lift RIGHT ..... this is extremly important.. then eat alot .. eat more meat youl get bigger . also a couple hours before bed eat a PB&J and a large glass of milk.... just remember to lift 5 days a week correctly & eat!

7. I'm 130 5'8 and im on HGH i dont really lift idk why i was trying to see what you would say to do about get stronger and gain alot of muscle .

8. do what i advised in the prevoius post and smoke get hungry and EAT.. but if u notice that your getting fatter you should probly throw in some cardio.... i just lifted alot and never really needed to run. all the fat went the muscle ....

9. Yo - so I gained 20 lbs my freshman year (160 > 180) And now I've lost ten of those, and built some muscle. Now, I don't want to be bulky, but I would like to maintain my fairly light frame. I was thinking a weekly schedule something around the following:

M, W, F: 3 sets of 20 pushups, 4 sets of 40 situps on all three sides (right, left, middle).
    Tu, Th: Run 2 miles/Bike 4 miles

On top of this, I'll be playing some intense ultimate frisbee most afternoons. Should keep me pretty in shape, yes?

I'm not really looking to build muscle so much as keep my current frame.

10. Hey easylivin,

I was hopin you could help me out. I'm a young guy, not exactly "fat" but not as skinny as I'd like to be. This is the kind of body I'm hoping to achieve. [​IMG]
    Now the workouts I'm currently doing are lifting with free weights to build my arms, some push ups, walking on my treadmill, and doing some sit ups. Now I'm wondering if you could suggest some exercises to work my abs, get rid of my love handles(embarassing for a guy to have :() as well as work my back, shoulders and chest.

Thanks for any help you can give

11. Hey, I just started working out two days ago. I'm one of those skinny fuckers looking to gain muscle. Would it be smart to run or no? I'd like to build my stamina but I heard that I would just be burning off the food that I'd be eating.

12. Strange question but what aerobic exercises can I do inside? The weathers been real bad recently so I've not been out on the bike in ages, and I'm not the running kind. I was thinking starjumps and running up and down the stairs? :D

13. Burpees, man. Burpees! Get yourself a gymnastics ball too. Tons of great body exercises that you can do. Perhaps Easylivin can suggest some specific exercises. I don't have the expertise. I just do them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGljX4bbps]YouTube - burpee[/ame]

14. I'd suggest buying one of those stationary bikes, that might just be me though.
    oh and what part of scotland are you from?

15. Why are people taking advice from some scrawny ass 140lb gym novice?

So much poor info given in this thread.

16. EASYlivin I'm 5'10" 145. Tired of being thin...nothings helping. Been an 3/4 time a week gym goer the last 4 months. Before that I worked out on and off over the last three years. My form is good and routine ok. For the progress I am making I think nutrition is the problem. I rely on ON's Gold standard for 440cals, and 96grpro daily and otherwise have a problem with eating enough food to equal my target caloric intake. Is there any supplementing I can to do keep more of the calories I eat? What can I do for more energy?

17. you're the answers to my prayers bro!
    I use to be a pretty skinny person, i started working out and it was so easy for me to build up muscle but then i started smoking weed sophomore/junior year and my workout sessions dissapeared. Now I am still pretty skinny although, im getting a round tummy compared to my flat stomach i had (even prior to smoking weed).

I sometimes start feeling bad and always say im gonna start working out but I never do. Well I've had enough of that and really want to start, now i just need a direction to go :eek:

Do you think you can help me out here EASYlivin, or share a similar workout plan to get me back to where i was, even if it does take more than 3 months. I just miss the old me.

Ps. I should mention I feel pretty dedicated to this, which is why i feel confident if i continue to smoke it wont have a toll on this. Hell if i ever get the munchies ill just eat healthy food (when i get hungry, i just want food, it doesn't matter what kind heh)

18. I am 6'3" (1.92m) and 150lbs (70kg). My problem is that I am skinny in my arms and legs, but I have somewhat of a belly..not THAT much fat, standing it looks pretty decent actually, but sitting down or whatever, especailly after a meal it doesnt look so good if u know what i mean :/.

What I do now to workout(started like 3 weeks ago)

Every OTHER day:

10reps, 5-Sets of a 10kg weight per arm(dumbell curl or whatever)
    30reps, 2sets of pushups
    30reps, 2 sets crunches/sit-ups with legs ontop of a chair.

I want to get muscle on my forearms especially! and some on my shoulders, my legs are skinny as shit aswell but Im not doing anything to work them at the mo. Do you have any advice for me? Thanks.

19. Hey bro, im also 18... im 6' and about 110kilos... Im carrying a fair amount of excess weight... Dont get me wrong im not just a ball of fat, ive always been strong.. I bench 4 sets of 10 reps of 75kilos, lift 4 sets of 10 reps of 100kilos on my legs ect ect... I go to the gym 5 days a week for the past month...

I want to lose my man tits, get rid of my gut and tighten up everywhere... My arms, legs and shoulders are good, they are tight and somewhat muscely, but im covered in fat... Any advice?

20. #100 Highbinder, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
    Glasgow. I think my folks have a bike machine, gonna have to go dig for it tho!

I got another question,

Is it better to:

Have a workout routine that targets all areas, and do it every other day,

or

Have multiple routines that target different areas and rotate through them daily. (monday abs, tuesday arms, for example)

?

/e: Also, Is there a way I can work my abs better doing less reps than 'plain' situps? I find my thighs get tired before my stomach, or am I doing something wrong?