SharpStone Grinders Are Not Good

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by aaronman, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Ive had my sharpstone for 6 months and i use it every day without any problems at all, ive even grinded stems in it without a problem. (yes i know you dont smoke the stems, i vaped them, and yes it did work)

2. I have to agree with this. My buddy got me one for my B-Day about 6 months ago and I use it many times through out the day and have had no problems. Works well with mids and dank. I know he did not pay 80 like Op which I think is a rip off not that its not nice just not worth 80. :bongin:

3. It was an impulse buy, I knew it was a mistake the instant I purchased it. I felt guilty breaking up headies with my fingers and smushing all the trichromes... so I got it. It was actually the nicest grinder they had. This shop is called UTOPIA in Norwalk, they are notorious for over charging the local kiddies. I am positive it wasn't a knock off.

Anyways, I'm not even saying they are bad grinders, just certainly not the best. I would say they are worth what people have said they paid for them ($30-40). No offense to the SharpStone users out there, but the grass is greener with Space Case, and I will never buy another brand again. :smoke:

(BTW I would just shove a big bud into it and mash the top down on top and start grinding, I wouldn't break up the buds so much. I know if you break up the buds you will probably not have a problem with the teeth bending, but I was used to using a superior product. It seems quite a few people on here have had problems with SharpStone, so I know it wasn't a lemon.)

4. This isn't the issue guys. Of course there's gonna be many that have had no problems with the SharpStones.

The issue is quality control. Some of them will work great for many years. Others will break like what has been mentioned here.

With great quality control, the amount of units breaking should be just about nill, and like I said before, the ONLY two grinders that fall within that category are Cosmics and SpaceCases.

5. +rep diamond grind

edit: error you must spread rep around like butter before giving it to MS again

6. Yeah iunno me and a couple of my friends have sharpstone grinders and they are pretty solid and they were also only around $30 and that was at a headshop and it was canadian dollars

7. I just try to avoid hand busters... but the one I have has small pegs, not teeth. Pegs are better.

Just buy a 10 dollar coffee grinder. Plunk a nug in there, and away you go.

8. yea defintely, cant beat chromium crusher for the price, i love mine

9. I bought a Sharpstone almost 2 years ago for $20. Never had any problems with it and it has had A LOT of bud put through it.

10. #30 skydivin420, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009
    been using my 2.2" sharpstone for a while now. got it for $20 shipped. i love it! its better than any grinder ive tried. it grinds up everything perfectly for the volcano.... and i love the kief catcher, best thing evar.

11. I've had my SharpStone for 7 months with no problems at all! I feel for those that may have had broken teeth or metal shavings tho. Mine was only 20 bucks and its the 2.5" 4 piece.

OP, how come you have gone through multiple Space Cases? With the knowledge that Space Case was top of the line, how did you let them con you into an 80 dollar SharpStone?

12. Come to think of it I've had 3 space cases.

-The first was taken by cops when they confiscated a bunch of paraphernalia from my coffee table (I wasn't there, they came to tell us about graffiti on our fence and then robbed us)

-The second my friend accidentally threw the top part out the car window, and he didn't realize until 30 or so minutes later when we needed to grind again. (I'm assuming he was blazed and was throwing out blunt guts or something and dropped it)

-The third I gave to my dad after college because I didn't think I'd need it anymore. (And I'm not an Indian giver)

When I went to the shop I asked for a Space Case, they didn't have them, he showed me the Sharp Stone and said it was the closest they had, and I bought it. I was already there expecting to drop around that much on a Space Case, and I took his word for it.

I also thought the clear top was coool :smoke:

In the end, I'm a dumb ass for buying it without checking the internet. I've never bought paraphernalia off the internet cause it's sketched me out. Oh well, live and learn.

13. Yeah, I am shocked to hear the OP paid $80 for it, that head shop ripped you off. Secondly, not to knock your talents in the art of marijuana, but are you sure you didnt over pack it too much? I've had mine for almost a year now and use it regularly, I couldnt be happier with it. Although, my buddy had one and the teeth broke from his overpacking it.

14. $80, for a grinder seems a bit high to me.. I only paied $16 for mine and it has the grinder and kief catcher. What do these more expensive grinders have?

15. b4 buying you needa inspect the product first.

16. Haha the only grinder I have is a 3-piece no name piece of shit I bought off my dealer for five bucks. I don't have a keif screen in it or anything but it works great for what I want it to do. It's one of those cheap ones you can buy at gas stations with the Ying-Yang sign on it.

17. space case titatium ftw

18. Whoa, 80 fr a damn sharpstone? you got ripped off. badly. You shouldnt even pay more for a space case which is much better quality.
    I bought my sharpstone for 20 and it works as well as the day i bought it.

19. Really, they ripped me off? Really? [​IMG]

Yea I explained in an earlier post how I "overpacked" by not break up a nug, the metal is low grade and couldn't handle it. What you call "overpacking" I'm used to calling "grinding a fat nugget". I am not a level 7 grinder master, this is only my first Sharp Stone and my experience is that it is not as good as Space Case.

However, it is worth $20 like most people paid for it so it shouldn't really come as a surprise. [​IMG]

20. Two responses.

Yes, sharpstones SUCK ASSSSSSSS!!!!!!

What is this level 7 blaze master you speak of (Sorry if I should know this already lol)?