SharpStone Grinders Are Not Good

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by aaronman, Jul 21, 2009.

1. So I got conned into buying a SharpStone grinder from the only head shop around, they charged me $80 bucks. Instantly I noticed it was not of the same quality as the several Space Case grinders I have owned prior, and those are around the same price, maybe a little higher. (They had no Space Case)

I started to notice the metal teeth were bending a little, and eventually one day they fully bent down and these metal shavings got all in my weed. I still smoked it, but my grinder is definitely busted.

If you get it cheap (I saw some thread where someone got it for $20 bucks) then go for it, but if you want a long-lasting professional grade grinder I would say go with something else.

BTW, I am a level 7 blaze master, smoke everyday, and I know how to operate a grinder. SharpStone is garbagio. To SharpStone owners out there, take it easy on 'em.

Peace :smoke:

2. man that sucks =/

especially for $80. I think i paid like $65 for my space case on ebay a while back and it kicks ass.

you'd think for 80 bucks you would get some sort of quality product.

3. ALL of my friends sharpstones teeth break.

I always thought they were supposed to be nice. But they suck.

I prefer pegs to teeth.

4. :eek: they charged you $80? even the website prices them around $30.

The shop a few miles from my house has SC Scout for like $55. I've been thinking of picking it up, it has a nifty storage chamber in the middle (its like 4-5in tall) that would be primo for poker night.

5. Level 7 blaze master --nice

i think im a level 4

6. I got a bad sharpstone too, the inner row of teeth get ripped off. what a waste, though i payed 45. Not 80. level 1 newb - :hello:

7. I am a 4/4 Bong Ripper with Exhale.

When tapped I get a +x/x For every bong that is currently in play.

8. I've got a 2.5" clear top and it hasn't had a problem. I don't over stuff it either.

9. Im not a fan of sharpstone either. I've found from experience those 20 dollar chromium crushers last longer before fucking up and pass kief better anyway.

10. whoa whoa whoa, this needs to stop. I don't know if you guys got imitation sharpstones or their quality has greatly improved, but mine is absolutely perfect. Stop giving them a bad name, they're great!

11. Yeah, I always thought they were kind of overpriced, Diamond Grinds always seemed higher quality to me, I've never seen a Space Case though. Personally I have a $20 grinder I bought like 2 years ago, it's a little on the small side, and the screen could be a little better, but I got no complaints about the price or it's grinding ability.

12. i bought one for $30 well over a year ago and haven't had any problems whatsoever:confused_2:

13. all the haters of sharpstone i have a feeling got fakes or something. All i have ever used is sharpstone grinders, both my friends and I own them, they grind perfectly and i have never seen any problems with the teeth. im sorry for your situation though.

14. I have no doubt that yours has been great, but there have been many reports of grinders with bent teeth and metal shaving issues. The ONLY two grinders that have never had such reports are the Cosmics and the SpaceCases.

15. Got my Sharpstone about a year ago, haven't had a single problem with it. Still grinds like its new, but i did ISO it.

16. I'm another satisfied SharpStone owner. Had it for 6 months with no problems AT ALL!
    I got mine for $20 bucks on ebay and free shipping. I love it. It's nice and heavy, well made, and collects lots of kief. I think maybe you guys got imitation SharpStone, or maybe you overload it?
    I'd be pissed off too if I payed $80 bucks for a busted ass grinder though. Sorry for your loss man:(

17. Yeah I have a SharpStone and it is a terrible grinder. 2 of the teeth broke off and the kief catcher is constantly getting clogged. It still works it just takes awhile to grind up :(

18. Well, I've had my Sharpstone for over a year now. I use it daily, multiple times a day and I've never had any problems. No bent teeth, no metal shavings ...

FWIW, when I bought mine, they told me grind up some paper to make sure that no shavings got in to my weed, I did that and there was no metal shavings from the beginning. :confused_2:

Maybe we're just lucky but my stoner buddies haven't had problems with theirs either.

19. i had a little sharpstone once when i was grinding up a hard bud and it bent one of the teeth and broke another off. I was so fuckin pissed man

SO fucking pissed! FUCK!:mad:

20. two of my friends have sharpstones and one of em's teeth broke off too haha. i got a diamond grind , shits legit