Ideas For Underground Grow?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by moneyfresh, Jul 21, 2009.

1. im thinking about making an underground grow op... i need ideas,,, plans,,,, hieghts,,, what i need inside it HELP!!!

also i have a tractor with a back hoe so the digging in no problem.

2. I had a friend who thought about doing this once. He went to the junkyard a bought a 10,000 tanker that he planned to bury in his backyard. But that's as far as he got before his wife put the breaks on.

That wold be some cool ass James Bond shit if you could pull it off. Good luck. :D

OG

3. #3 Cuniform, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
    Intriguing. First tho how big do you want the grow to be? That needs to be decided before the rest can fall together. If I were you I would use a tornado shelter as a cover(depending on your geographical location, and Im assuming you live in the country because Hell nobody would be able to get away with that in the city. Lots of potential tho.

4. i was reading sumthing about that tanker things feew people pulled it off...
    i found these plants that i can get close buy and i looked into them and they have a max yeild of 1500grms,,,,, and it comes in packs of 5 seeds. if you do the math it works of to be $22,000 if i would get the max max 1500grms per plant x 5 plants = 7500grms so thats 16 pounds (rounded) and beeing one pound $2400 x 16 pounds = $40,000 (Rounded,,,,,, where im from Canadian currency)

and if i buy 10 seeds thats $80,000!!! (then again im gonna need to pump them bad girls with the best shit possible.... but even tho. the minimum would be about 10k? maybe 20k

so i need just enuff room to hold 10 plants... they grow about 6, 7 even 9 feet tall... so i was thinking of my post of the L.S.T and oing it like that cutting the height down a bit you know ?

Lemme know
    Money$

5. Id look for an (old?) septic tank and make it accessible somehow. Or you could build a room like the weapons room in terminator 2. Keep in mind that the temp underground is always a stable 50ish so youd need to make sure there is some kind of heat source.

6. I think you'd have to buy a shipping cargo container to do what you want, ten plants can take up a large amount of space.

[​IMG]

Depending on how big your back hoe is, the hole might be an issue, along with the weight of the soil around it.

7. Wow you got it all figured out then.

8. i was thinking about that shipping container alot, maybe in the next year or 2 this isnt a quick project might take awhile... and the back hoe wouldnt be a problem my dad used it to build a pool in my backyard and its about 10 feet deep

9. it took some math but it worked its way out,, i had to call a couple of my buddys for help lol

10. so the construction has begun.... its been harder then i thought,, and replaceing the cutting blades to a back hoe is gonna also be challenging... the hole so far is about 5 feet deep... and about 3 by 3 feet wide... i just starrted usinga shovel untill i get the back hoe running... and i was just thinking of lineing the walls with some 2x4s with plywood and spray foam.. what u think?

11. Think of the pressure that is ten feet under water. It really compresses you, feels like you're being squished pretty hard from all sides. Now magnify that by a lot. Not sure on exactly how much, but dirt as a lot more dense than water. Spray foam and plywood would do little to keep out pressure from 10 feet of dirt.

12. seriously, take great care if you go down that deep

you will need either some major shoring on the sides or better to put up some shutterring and pour concrete for the walls. be expensive

take real extra care after rain to as the sides can just collapse with out warning, and wouldnt reccomend working alone on this if in the middle of nowhere just in case

can i ask why you want to go underground, i know there is lots but would have thought that with a well planned grow you should be able to do it indoors somewhere

sorry if this sounds a it neg and you had thought of these things but wouldnt want to hear you had got hurt and i hadnt said anything

13. How are you getting electric to this underground grow, generator? Gas or Diesel powered?

I'd highly suggest laying block walls reinforced with concrete in addition to a shipping container or similar. If all you are doing is digging a big hole, lining with wood and spray foam, you are in for a lot of problems and possibly collapse.

14. I knew someone who successfully did this about 5 years ago. He had two 20 foot conex's (storage containers) just like the ones pictured above. to keep it hidden the tops of the units were 3 feet under ground so he could put a 3 foot concrete man-way between the opening to the units to the ground where he had a man hole cover. made it look like a real man hole until you were in it. he ran CO2 and O2 generators along with a giant swamp cooler. if i remember correctly he grew 240 plants Colosseum style in about 2000 cubic feet (250 sq ft)

the doors and any other hole in the units were welded on the outside then sealed on the inside. those storage containers are plenty strong enough you dont need to reinforce them if the ceiling is only 3 feet or less from ground level. and if you know how to use that back hoe you wont have to worry about anything caving in before you get the units in the hole.

i dont know how big your rig is but if its big enough you can just use the hoe to lower the units in the hole otherwise you got alot of work or money spending ahead to get them in there. The guy i knew had an industrial generator/welder and since hes a welder it wasnt conspicuous to have the thing running 24/7 to power the grow-op. if youve got the resources anything is possible. good luck

15. there is a lot more hassle with an underground grow. and a lot of expenses. it would be so much easier to find a place to do it indoors.

16. after watching pineapple express i wanted to make me a underground grow room.

17. bury the shipping container, put in a plastic tube for air to flow through and become cool from the earth, and build a shed over the top of the container, vent into the shed with a carbon filter, it would be impossible to find....

18. haha i said this and then looked at the news link, just don't tell anyone also haha....

19. the busted grow op they go to on The Union is 2 rows of 10 train cars=20 train cars. legit.

if you don't get the shipping container or something similar, i don't think this is practical. i don't think this is practical anyway. for 7-9 plants, do it indoors man.