Johnny Appleseed of weed...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BudDub, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Johnny Appleseed, if you dont know, was a guy in 17-1800's america who went around the country planting apple seeds, and is credited with introducing apple trees to large areas of the country.

I was listening to a radio show from the early 90's, and they had a guy on talking about a movement he was trying to start. He suggested that everyone around the country plan marijuana seeds in grassy areas where they live. He said that if people kept that up, naturally growing weed would cover the country (weather permitting...), and it would become increasingly harder to maintain any kind of anti-marijuana law.

Have you ever heard of anything like this? Would it work (can marijuana thrive very much if left largely unattended)? What do you think?

2. It could work depending on the state.

You would need alot of seeds, but it could be done. Especially if everyone is doing it.

3. #3 dragonsfire1988, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
    One would have to be very "incognito" and keep the news to themselves. It would take a long time though...

Is weed a perrennial or an annual, anyway? I mean, would it sprout again next season (after winter) or would it have to be replanted? If it's an annual, this could cause a serious problem with the 'johnny potseed' idea.
    Can't believe I never really wondered that before, so thanks for creating this post! Anyone have the answer?

EDIT: JUST FOUND THE ANSWER...CANNABIS IS 'ANNUAL'...SORRY FOR THE DUMB QUESTION...makes sense, considering every "out-grower" replants every season.

So who 'round here is gonna be the "johnny potseed"? It would take some serious commitment...The movement would have to be revived/continued each and every spring.

4. no silly eventually it would become a wild crop... it will propagate itself...

5. I didnt notice to Afghanistan have legalized Canna grows ...

6. well, eventually, yeah...:p but for the first few years we'd have to keep goin' back and replanting...

Assuming the Feds don't tear them all up, it Would propogate itself

7. well then were just going to have to make it happen arent we?

8. If your herb has seeds, just throw em out in low key areas when your smoking..

Rolling a blunt in the car, find a seed? Throw it over the side of the cliff into some foresty area.

Do the same around anywhere non-residential to be safe and itll eventually grow itself all over the place.

I do this from time to time! :)

9. This is a stupid idea.

in order for it to propagate itself, there would need to be a population of both male and female plants.
    with proliferation of mail plants, outdoor and indoor grows within reasonable distance would begin to get pollinated, ruining the quality of most weed