Best outdoor strain for Western Washington

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ssd, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Wow those plants look super nice, you are doing an awesome job.. The mama mia looks about the same size as the bubba, are they the same age? I have always wanted to grow some real bubba kush.. I have never used sunshine but I would after seeing your plants, I switched from regular old potting soil to fox farm ocean forrest and I have never looked back..

2. Thanks man, that's nice of you to say. This is my 3rd indoor grow so I'm still fine tuning and yes the Bubba's and the Mama Mia are the same age. Weird thing is that I sprouted 2 Bubba beans and 2 Mama Mia's and the other Mama Mia looks the same as the Bubba's. Not sure what happened there because they came from The Attitude in the original packages. Oh well I have 2 saved Mama's for cloning outside in the spring :)

I get one of those huge Sunshine bags at the local supply store for next to nothing. It is the organic version of the Sunshine Mix #4. It's called Natural & Organic with Aggregate Plus. Are you using Fox Farm for nutes too?

3. I have just started general hydroponics new line (general organics) its a 8 part system all organic. I am kinda testing the new line for them, I got the whole line for free and just report back.

4. #24 COOOL, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    cheeeba

5. #25 COOOL, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
    kkkkk

6. #26 wenahaone, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010

I've actually got a connect for some jack herrer(indica dominant phenos.) and was thinking of doing an outdoor grow in nw oregon this year. has anyone grown any indica dominant jack herrer phenos outdoor? yields? finishing time?

I can also get pineapple dogshit, love potion(probably not gonna do), dj short's blueberry, and hashplant(not sure which seed company). It'd be great to talk to anyone who's grown any of these outdoors before.

7. #27 Tokin Black Guy, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010

I humbly disagree... I vegged my Purple Power and Super Silver Haze from seed for a month indoors (just on the window sill). I just placed them outdoor here in the Tacoma area a few days ago (6/19) and I estimate that they will not begin flowering until September, giving me a good month and a half of summer vegging time.
    You stated that on the 31st of this month, Seattle went into a 13hour day... This is incorrect, we are currently on a 16-17hour day which is PERFECT for vegging.
    Here is a link to the Hours of Daylight for Western Washington (Seattle area)...

Hours of Daylight

sorry, I just realized that his post was posted July of last year lol. but I'll leave the info up anyway

8. Bump....
    Im in Western Wa too, here in the 206 SO whats the most our PNW growers have pulled of a plant? Can we get a pound a plant if done correctly up here? And what about east of the cascades they have a longer growing season correct?

9. This is the first year that I've attempted an outdoor grow. I have 15 plants in Western Washington and so far so good. I have about 6 Super Silver Haze, kinda lanky but growing well. Then the rest are Purple Power and they are growing like something that grows really really well, lol. The purple just began showing and with some slug repellant/killer they are very healthy. Plus, the extended forecast looks GREAT!

10. I grew mama mia last year and it did pretty well, I look for strains that have a short flower time and mold resistance.. This year I have 20 power kush, they look great but we will see.. It has been a shitty growing season this year on the N. oregon coast, I hope the late summer is nicer.

11. Same dreary, wet spring in SW Oregon. I grow a local indica strain outdoors, indoors from late February outside mid-May, and conditions here were perfect for white powdery mildew. Clones flowered early, reverted to veg and my seed crop grew really slow until the sun and heat arrived this month. As usual, we'll see what happens.

12. you tellin me u harvested ams already?

13. Check the post date.

14. Indeed I did harvest my AMS already, late october of last year.. Its a good one around here because ams stands for anti mold strain, this year my plants have some whispy almost begining buds so far.. I dont have my hopes up to far for the outdoor this year, I have a pretty good indoor grow to keep me in green..

15. yup outdoors is going for shit this year in Oregon... hopefully we will get a nice dry spell in Sept ( yeah right :rolleyes:)

trying out Avalon ,and Timewarp by Next Gen to see if they can handle the Coos County weather. wanted to try Bonkers ..but ony had one sprout .. it is indoors ..will be bred with an Avalon for next year..if the Avalon pan out.

Wharf

16. Regardless of what happens this year, the nice thing about growing outdoors in a good year such as last year is those cases of Mason jars full of cured harvest still sitting in a dark, cool closet.

17. Hey ORcoast, did you ever cross your fem Mama Mia seeds with anything? I'm trying to figure out what to cross them with so I don't have to keep buying them.

18. I live in washington right across the river from portland
    and i've been growing Mazar, which is (mazar-i-shariff)
    outdoor and she's doing pretty good..
    (Got her outside late, around june 20th)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. the 509 here, I have always had good luck with durban passion. they do great in the NW, and i have been getting close to a pound a plant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Hey SSD, I crossed the mama mia with AMS. I have seeds now but have not grown any yet, should do ok I think..

Hey stinkiefingers, those are trees man... Good god the one with the gatorade bottle is just awesome, I have never had one I needed a chainsaw to chop... good show

I got a pretty decent yeild from my outdoor considering the weather, on the north Oregon coast the weather was the worst since 1967 or something like that.

bakin420, your plant look super nice, alot of tops on that girl and they dont get any healthier. have you harvested??