Best outdoor strain for Western Washington

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ssd, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Can someone from Western Washington or Western Oregon tell me which indica and sativa strains grow the best outdoors in the summer please? I want to order some seeds but the plants I have growing right now just aren't cutting it outside (N.L. #5)

Thanks!

2. Anyone???

3. pretty much any 6-8 week strain that is tough and can handle the chance of mold is good i think somthing that will finish in sept. your a little late to be researching out door strains for WA. the 31st of this month we go to 13 hours of day light so flowerin is gonna start anytime. this hot sun we have been having is awesome though! im just having indoor issues

4. I'm just researching for next years grow. I planted mostly the free G13 seeds I got from the Attitude and they didn't amount to much. I'm glad I skipped the indoor grow this summer. It would've been a disaster with this hot weather.

5. wow my G13 labs seeds are super! my purepower is 6' tall and the indoor buds are good its not a super high yeilder but its tastey and the gigabud is awesome too smells awesome! my outdoor one is 5' ive ran a few gigabuds indoors its not a super yeilder either but dont in less than 6 weeks

6. Must be me then. First year back growing since the 80's in Puna, Hawaii. I think I didn't dolomite the dirt enough. Next year it is on!!!

7. Your best option is to meet local veteran growers in your immediate vicinity and find out what they're using and their growing tecniques. It can be difficult, almost impossible, unless you've been in the area for some time and built a trust level, but they can save you from some serious disappointments.

8. Go to one of your local Medical Card Holders Meetings. You will get all the info you need plus a a few clones to take home.

9. That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the help :)

10. I know this thread hasnt been posted on in awhile, just thought Id throw a few strains I grow outside in NW Oregon. This summer I grew A.M.S. and it did pretty damb good, also got some mama mia that I just harvested about two weeks ago that did very good.
    Stick with the short flowering obviously, if you havent seen or grown mama mia its a great strain indoors and out. I dont know who you order from but ck out attitude link below

Cannabis Seeds Attitude Marijuana Seeds

these are the specs. on mama mia

Sex : Feminized
    Type : Mostly indicaFlowering : PhotoperiodGenetics : Early Skunk x Mazari SharifFlowering Time : MediumOutdoor Harvest : End of SeptemberHeight : THC Level : MediumCharacteristics : Solid indica bud formation
    Mama Mia is very similar to our Mazari strain, except we chose an earlier flowering Skunk to make the cross and to ensure that Mama Mia finishes that bit earlier than Mazari both indoors and out doors. The resulting strains are similar in both growth and effect. Solid buds with good yields and a smooth, long lasting effect. Mama Mia does have slightly more indica tendencies in growing, producing slightly shorter, darker, broader plants.

5 and 10 feminized cannabis seeds

11. Thanks for updating the thread and for the Mama Mia recommendation. That strain sounds interesting and I think I'll purchase for next year :)

12. i would just do any indica like nl and finish early. can you build a greenhouse? you could also try master kush.

13. any strain that is mold resistant and can grow above the 45 degree latitude. Indica's also will do better in the cooler conditions.

Northern lights is a good strain.

14. I did try BC N.L. this past summer outside but it didn't get to finish before the rains set in. I also purchased some Mama Mia and Bubba Kush beans from Attitude and so far they look good under lights. Depending on how they turn out I will most likely use those strains for the outdoor summer grow. We're good for 15 legal plants in Wa. so I will probably see how the Jack Herer does outside as well. Any other opinions are welcome.

15. Cool ssd, Im so happy you got mama mia... some years nothing will finish in the N.W. you know that if you live here, but the Mama is the best, you will be happy. I grow her indoors as well and its a great plant with a decent yeild and hard dense nugs

16. I had good luck with my trainwreck here in western wa last summer. finished right on time!

17. :hello: im new to this, and also in mallorca, have the space as live in thhe country, it dos not normaly rain from june till september, and can go up to moor than 40c at times, high humididty also, so any advice on wat seeds to try

tambien puedo escri en español,,, boludo

18. ORcoast, how big do your Mama Mia plants get indoors? Mine has been growing in 2.5gal containers with organic soil for a month and the plant is only a little over a foot high. Very bushy though and the lights have been on 24/7 for a month and now I see pistils coming out already. Are these plants relatively small growers? I would figure outside they would get at least 4 to 5 ft tall. Just kinda surprised at how small they are after a month inside. If I switch to 12/12 right now I'm only looking at a 2ft or 2.5ft tall plant at finish.

19. It is a smaller plant, from seed mine were slow to grow but the clones grow faster. It is indica for sure, smaller plant with nice big colas and a pretty nice yeilder.

I love it outdoors because it doesnt get too tall, but I still get a nice yeild. I tried northern lights but it was a smaller yeild for me, but I know there are hundreds of phenos of N. lights going around. What it comes down to for me is its the only plant I have done here on the coast that actually finished.. Do you use any nutes? what kind of soil are you using?

20. #20 ssd, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
    I use Fox Farms nutes with Earthworm Tea. The soil is Sunshine Mix organic blend. I'll attach a couple pics of the Mama Mia. The plants next to it are Bubba Kush.

Attached Files: