Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Vyvanse?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ilovegoogle34

ilovegoogle34

google > world

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Is it worth anything? I used to take adderall, I'm prescribed for it. But they put me on this stuff called Vyvanse and I don't use any of it. I have a whole bottle sitting there.

Similar Topics: Vyvanse?     x

UU_ood

UU_ood

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,113 posts
Yes, it's a pro-drug d-amphetamine. So it's more "pure" than Adderall but because it's a pro-drug it's essentially time-release.

littlefoot

littlefoot

shenzhou

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,550 posts
it contians less dex than adderall , i find it nice tho

ilovegoogle34

ilovegoogle34

google > world

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Is it about the same price for adderall? People here sell 10mg tablets for $1 per, and 25mg capsules for $2. I have thirty 30mg Vyvanse capsules.

Posted Image

bigwill2010

bigwill2010

• Registered Upgraded
  • 798 posts
It's lisdexamphetamine. It is digested by a certain enzyme in the body. Taking a higher dose won't make the effects stronger, just last longer.
It's a mild d-amp high.
Better than nothing.

ddb421

ddb421

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,345 posts
they take a while to kick in. but i like em cause they are stronger then adderalls

THATS just my opinion

UU_ood

UU_ood

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,113 posts

It's lisdexamphetamine. It is digested by a certain enzyme in the body. Taking a higher dose won't make the effects stronger, just last longer.
It's a mild d-amp high.
Better than nothing.

What are you talking about? Taking higher doses makes the effects stronger no doubt about that. I've taken it many times.

stonedphillips

stonedphillips

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It's a mild d-amp high.
Better than nothing.

I don't understand at all.

So, in theory, if I took two 70 mg caps, it would be exactly the same as taking one, but it would just last longer?

If taking a higher dose won't make the effects stronger, then what is the purpose of there being different milligram capsules available in the first place? What difference is there in taking two 30 mg caps than taking one 60 mg cap (I don't even know if 60s actually exist, but you get the point)?

If I sound stupid, forgive me. I'm just confused.

MajorStoner

MajorStoner

a friend of Errl

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,297 posts
^Try reading the wikipedia articles on 'lisdexamphetamine' and 'pro-drug'. Those will give you a more thorough chemical explanation of the metabolization of Vyvanse.

UU_ood

UU_ood

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,113 posts

I don't understand at all.

So, in theory, if I took two 70 mg caps, it would be exactly the same as taking one, but it would just last longer?

If taking a higher dose won't make the effects stronger, then what is the purpose of there being different milligram capsules available in the first place? What difference is there in taking two 30 mg caps than taking one 60 mg cap (I don't even know if 60s actually exist, but you get the point)?

If I sound stupid, forgive me. I'm just confused.

What he said isn't true. The higher the dosage, the stronger the effect (whoa so unexpected).

Nag Hamadi

Nag Hamadi

skeet skeet

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,316 posts
70mg should actually be enough. I was prescribed the 30mg ones and taking 2 or 3 got me concentrated. It's kinda like adderall without the 'rush' or whatever.

bigwill2010

bigwill2010

• Registered Upgraded
  • 798 posts
I've taken it many times too.

Lisdexamfetamine was developed so that the psychostimulant is released and activated more slowly as the prodrug molecule is hydrolyzed—consequently cleaving off the amino acid-during the first pass through the intestines and/or the liver. Essentially, this makes lisdexamfetamine an extended-release formulation of d-amphetamine

Taken straight from the wiki. The body uses certain enzymes to take the lysine amino acid off. Until that amino acid is removed, lisdexamphetamine is an inactive compound.
Also, I incorrectly phrased my last comment. Taking more will result in more of the drug being released, but there is a limit to how much dexamphetamine that your body will release at one time, because there is a limit to how much lysine the body can digest at once.
Vyvanse is more of a slow release, and the drug that is not released stays in the body until you have enough of the enzyme to digest the drug.
Once you hit the max dose that your body can digest at one time, taking more will not automatically take off the amino acid and make the drug effective.

One 70 mg pill felt equivalent to about a 20mg pill, but there was no noticeable "come up," no rush, and a less forced stimulation, at least for me.

TNToker615

TNToker615

Misty Mountain Mornings

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I stayed awake for 5 days and nights on 2 seperate doses of 150mg (2 days apart). I started slightly tripping from sleep depravation...

kinda fun I guess, made me wanna try coke hahaha

Snap

Snap

Nice dude... nice.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,571 posts
Vyvanse is the SHIT. I love it, it has really improved my life. Sure it's not great for recreation but if you really have ADD or ADHD, it's a god send.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users