Basically I've got a condition that means I suffer from muscle pain 24/7 and don't sleep too well. I started self medicating a few months ago and I've seen a significant change in the level of pain and also in the amount of rest I've been able to get - good times. However, given the lack of professionalism / consistency in the trade I've not always been able to regulate my medication properly - bad times.
So, I'm looking to grow a nice Indica biased strain that I can cycle (essentially looking for about 2oz every couple of months), which is easy to grow for beginners. I don't have to be particularly stealthy, I have a room in my house which the missus is letting me use but of course I don't want to stink the street out, I have zero understanding of horticulture but I'd say I'm not daft and am quite practically minded.
I've read a lot of contrasting things on the web (this site seemed to speak the most sense) but as this would be my first grow I wonder if I can just get a bit of clarification.
My idea (assuming an autoflowering Indica / Sativa like Lowryder - thoughts please???) is to construct my own grow box from chipboard painted with matt white paint on the interior and with a 2ft x 2ft base, 1 x height adjustable 250w HPS light through the top and a soil grow technique. I'll only be looking to germinate 1 seed at a time on wet tissue before planting as this is all for Percy.
OK, so now the questions:
- How high would you build the box assuming I might go for other strains in the future, such as Afghani #1, Northern Lights or Black Domina, when I'm a bit more confident?
- When transplanting the seed to the soil would it be best to go for a propagator by the window or straight in the grow box with the HPS on it (and if so at what kind of height)?
- Is it best to use unfertilized soil and to add one's own nutes and what kind of plan would you have for adding the nutes AND what are the best nutes I can get in the UK?
- Do people have more success with a 24/0 or 18/6 light/dark ratio with autoflowering crops?
- When do you know it's time to harvest?
- What's the best way to dry the crop out?
As I've noticed a great number of grow logs get started but never finished, as a thanks to anyone who helps and hopefully to help people in my current position I promise to update from seed to vape.
Edited by junkiedays, 14 August 2010 - 10:20 PM.
Fixing title for OP