Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why you need to have your medical records and a real existing qualifying condition!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I love Venice Beach. I never noticed Botox on the Beach until I took a friend from out of town to visit. He pointed it out and took a picture of the sign. As far as I know, Venice is the only beach where pot "doctors" practice- and honestly? I don't see how they can possibly be reputable when they have these sketchy looking kids beckoning to random passerby. I would never visit one of these "doctors" and I've been tempted to give the "staff" hell. I actually did sit my friend down on a bench right in front of them and audibly and confidently explain why these people were full of shit and essentially running a scam. I don't think they were happy, but of course they didn't say boo. :)

2. I love Venice Beach as well, the Drum Circle on Sundays is awesome. The playground on the beach is great as well, my daughter LOVES it - we might go tomorrow sometime.

But I would never, EVER go to a doc on the boardwalk. I've been tempted to check out the clubs that are down there, but only out of curiosity. I do like the glass shops though, prices are reasonable, even if the selection is the same at pretty much every store (I think they're all run by the same three dudes).

3. I would just like to clarify: Some "young adults" DO MOST CERTAINLY have a qualifying condition.

THCF doctors are legitimate. Everyone's medical records are reviewed before you are even given an appointment.

4. #64 Knoxer, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2009
    I do suffer from chronic headaches and about 2 months ago the docs said I had Meningitis. Well I believe that is long gone but I still to this day have headaches daily and somedays I can't even be up for 5 or more minutes because they are so bad. I have no insurance but I do have my medical records from the ER proving I do infact have headaches often.

I'm only 19 and I think that'll hurt my chances. I live in NC btw which hasn't legalized it yet, but is very close to doing so.

5. #65 traumaradio, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2009
    Okay. I live in Oahu where medicinal marijuana is legal. I have been treating my anxiety/insomnia with marijuana for years and if I have the option to do so legally, I would much prefer to do it that way.

So, onto my question. I have medical records that have this information on them, I was prescribed Ambien and Lexapro in 2008. I quit taking the pills because I'm not a very big fan of unnatural medicines, and the dependency they cause. When I stopped taking Lexapro, I did so because I couldn't afford the $90 monthly prescription, and I later found out that stopping cold turkey like that could have actually killed me. The dependency I'm talking about was not so much a mental, but a physical. When I stopped, my blood pressure sky rocketed, I would black out and had a slew of other side effects.

Also: I was in a car accident in the summer of 2007. I have numerous pinched nerves in my neck and spine, which cause horrible migraines, neck aches & back aches.

Do you think that it is likely if I were to present my past medical records, that I fall under one of the categories treated by medical marijuana? The list of conditions for Hawaii is very vague (stating the major diseases such as cancer, Chron's disease, "and many more" etc.).

Thanks for your help, I'm assuming you all are more well versed in this subject than I am.

6. Good for you for getting off the meds! I have bad anxiety and MMJ, yoga and acupuncture have done more for me than Xanax ever did. With meds, you become a zombie. Your depression or anxiety is gone but so is your personality. Rock on man.

7. Listen everyone, having an observed pre-qualifying condition is just the first part of your contribution to help making MMJ more legitimate. Make sure you take your money to a doctor practicing by the book. If they don't require any history of your PQ condition, then bail out. I've even heard of places that have you check off your PQ condition from a row of sicknesses on a piece of paper. I understand it can be hard to root out the good doctors from the bad, especially if you are working with a budget. The legitimate doctors tend to cost more money, but that is all subjectable. The doctor I got my rec from did it for $65 and he was obviously practicing within safe bounds of the law.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.