Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Can someone tell me why marijuana is called pot?

• Please log in to reply

ihatemyusername

ihatemyusername

Spark & chill

• Registered Upgraded
  • 765 posts
I've never understood this at all:confused:

ModderXtr

ModderXtr

Smoke weed every day.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,151 posts
You can grow it in a pot?

_linux_

_linux_

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 675 posts

• 420time229 likes this

Cannabisxz

Cannabisxz

• Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts
"The nickname Pot comes from the Spanish word Potiguaya, which means Marijuana Leaves. It’s a Mexican-Spanish word that is a contraction of potación de guaya, which referred to an alcoholic drink made of marijuana leaves soaked in Brandy or Wine. The name became popular in the United States in the late 1930s and early 1940s."
  • k.smith904, Lastrealindian, when2k and 2 others like this

GreenSparkle

GreenSparkle

born on 4/20

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

"The nickname Pot comes from the Spanish word Potiguaya, which means Marijuana Leaves. It’s a Mexican-Spanish word that is a contraction of potación de guaya, which referred to an alcoholic drink made of marijuana leaves soaked in Brandy or Wine. The name became popular in the United States in the late 1930s and early 1940s."

yes he speaks the truth :smoke:
  • Lastrealindian likes this

k.smith904

k.smith904

Boogie Man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,805 posts

Thanks for the newsflash Tom Brokaw!

jk, I didn't know that until now. :smoke:
  • Lastrealindian likes this

DivisionByZero

DivisionByZero

0/0 = 1???

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

you sir.. you win

ihatemyusername

ihatemyusername

Spark & chill

• Registered Upgraded
  • 765 posts

Okay thanks. /thread:cool:

Santa

Santa

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 424 posts
I feel enlightened

Jflutts

Jflutts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 264 posts

I feel enlightened

yea me to

Raoul Duke II

Raoul Duke II

I want to be this guy

• Gold Member
  • 1,007 posts

• BeatsandGrass likes this

Guest_sensiblazer_*

Guest_sensiblazer_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

The real questions is why is pot called marijuana? Marijuana is a term put out by the Reefer Madness Craze to scare Americans into making their beloved Indian Hemp/pot/cannabis illegal. It was a crazy new Devil Plant all those Evil Wetbacks were bringing into America to destroy our youth! It most certainly was not hemp, the plant that in all actuality made America.

No. Marijuana was a word for cannabis used in Mexico long before the reefer madness craze.

Raoul Duke II

Raoul Duke II

I want to be this guy

• Gold Member
  • 1,007 posts

NYCdeisel

NYCdeisel

Is in a ny state of mind

• Registered Upgraded
  • 20,481 posts
Pot AND marijuana were Spanish/Mexican words made up to sound scary right before prohibition started. Everyone back then knew what cannabis and hemp was, but since they used different words, it became a classic case of fear of the unknown.

br0ken

br0ken

Spread the Herb

• Registered Upgraded
  • 344 posts

+Rep :)

SIRSOG

SIRSOG

Hero of Time

• 37,905 posts

Bud The Med Toker

Bud The Med Toker

Puff Puff Pass

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,496 posts
And the point that he has neutral rep dsnt help... lol hey atleast I did learn something from an old thread

1bakedpotato

1bakedpotato

lookupimhigh

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,819 posts
i smoke pot

oahucowboy94

oahucowboy94

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thought it was because your parents flushed it down the pot