Bottom leaves turn yellow then dead, top leaves fine

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by runner's high, Jul 12, 2009.

1. #1 runner's high, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    The title says it all, and the pic below is the best I could do with my laptop cam. This is happening to all 3 of my plants, about 4-5 weeks old. The bottom leaves turn yellow and brittle and then die, but the top leaves are fine and have continued to grow somewhat. They're in Scotts Soil and the only nutes they've been given has been my urine, diluted by a factor of 10. Lately I've been watering them generously and I put in legit nutrients for the first time 3 days ago but that hasn't made a difference yet. Any ideas?

Also, I realize I've already committed a number of growing faux pars here, like using urine as a fert, and moving 3 plants into one 5-gallon pot, and using a single high-power CFL rather than the better lights. I just got a little lazy - this is a side-project in my life - so preemptively, give me a break people. I'm just looking for a few pointers so I don't kill them. :)

[​IMG]

2. its a natural part of their growth cycle, as long as the new growth is good and healthy there shouldn't be any problems.

3. It's a little early for heavy fertilization, I count only a few sets of true leaves. See the white yellowing tips? That can be a sign of overfeeding. Go easy on the nutes until they get a bit bigger.

4. I'm gonna go with Piss for 1ooo Alex....well you may of deluded it, but Human piss has so much nitrogen in it is not a possibility for nutes. Most of the time a color issue on a small plant that size is all in the products being used or not used...

As long as the new growth is still healthy you don't have much to worry about...But i would try and flush my soil if i were you...try and get the nutes back under control and get some product...naturals if you can afford/find them..if not some cheap fert in like 25% suggested dose...I use shults 20-20-20 due to the area i live in haveing no hydro store in 300 miles..

Also the angle of the pic its hard to judge...how close are the CFL's to the plants...the leafs could be dieing off too if there starving for light...drop the to about three inches off you plants..if there not that close or closer already...

Best of Luck
    Gazer