Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strain for anxiety disorder?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by andrew256, Jul 12, 2009.

1. #121 BudSmoker, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    This is a great thread. I'm hoping to try some high cbd bud when I move to Denver in 3 weeks because I too suffer from anxiety especially when I get real stoned. Anyone have any experience smoking high cbd strains?

2. #122 TrazyTheTrashPicker, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    I would Recommend a pure Indica strain with High levels of Thc & Cbd,s ,or a Indica Dominant strain/Hybrid

3. How does the high differ from regular weed? Just more body high?

4. The stuff in have right now doesn't relax me at all. It makes me almost hyper and it definitely isn't very good for my anxiety.

5. @[member="BudSmoker"] ... It sounds like you have a Sativa,it gives an energetic uppity creative high (Head High) ,Indicas give a Body high and usually give you a very stoned coughlock effect thick smoke ect ect.

6. Last thing I want is to come off as ignorant but I think it'd be best if you worked out your anxiety by yourself, without taking anything. A clear head sometimes is all you need. Once you're anxiety free everything will be 10x times better, let alone weed.

7. My ex girlfriend always like very potent indicas for anxiety. Don't know if the effect is similar for others, but hope that helps. Glad I don't have anxiety.

8. Forgive me if someone posted this link in the thread because I missed it. http://www.leafly.com it gives medicinal properties as well as pros & cons.

I always find myself with a nervous energy high (really creative, and need to be actively doing something) when I smoke a strong sativa. Sometimes if I get a batch of something that is too much sativa for my taste, I mix together an indica dominant strain via a grinder to mellow out the high.

9. There are so many strains out there, leafly is a great place to start, but doesn't have many of the ones now available (I always have that app open when I'm checking out dispensary menus ;)). If you have dispensaries available to you, the bud tenders can usually recommend something good (I emphasize usually). You can also google a particular strain if it's not on Leafly. I'm with you on Sativas, I love the high, but most Indicas calm the anxiety for me. I'm using them to get off clonopin. I don't take it if I smoke before bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Purp strains have a terpene that is known to be anti-anxiety (Linalool)

Depends on what type of anxiety we're talking about....definitely heavy indica strains for panic disorder but I'd lean towards sativa dominant strains for social anxiety. 

11. #131 katielady, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
    JoyOne, I know you didnt mean anything by your post, but just to clarify for people who haven't lived it. Anxiety is caused by, and felt, very differently for everyone. In my case, it is a form of OCD. Like hand washing, counting, etc, in my case troublesome thoughts come into my head and I can't "compartmentalize" them the way most people do. The thoughts invade, and snowball. As much as logic tells you that you need to push it aside and brush it off, or address it later, it won't leave. It rattles around in your brain, eventually causing problems like queesy stomach, headaches, insomnia, and sometimes even physical pain like muscle spasms or charlie horses.

12. white widow helps me out