Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strain for anxiety disorder?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by andrew256, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Dutch treat works wonders on my anxiety

2. Jack Herer, it's a personal favorite and gets me oh-so uplifted. I consume recreationally, but I think it'd be very very good for someone with anxiety.

3. jack herer is all bad for me :(

4. Why's that? Every time I've had it laughing fits have ensued, it makes me happy and goofy.

5. Skywalker OG, Afghani, Salmon Creek Big Bud are a few strains. Unfortunatly the highest Cbd strains aren't from this hemisphere :(

But, if you use a lot of outdoor bud (in edibles, tincture), although they may be a bad smoke have more Cbd generally

6. I just got some white widow that's rated at nearly 3% CBD. I don't know what could be higher for CBD than this strain. Without actual analysis (which they do for all their product in this particular Denver dispensary on Colfax) one cannot know for sure what one is buying.

7. That was great. I'm going to write down info before I go to the coop so I know what varieties to look for. Thanks!

8. I'd go with some Northern Lights for anxiety. Great strain, definitely helps.

9. I went to the coop yesterday and found this varitety. Bought an 1/8 after reading your postt. It was very good. Thanks for the recommendation!

10. i have anxiety/panic and doc prescribed me some evil pills i go with 3-4 days without sleeping recently, i am hoping to get my mmj soon to try these.

11. I have panic/anxiety attacks and have had them for several years. The best anti-anxiety type strain I've tried is blueberry. I look forward to trying northern lights in the near future.

P.S. I've seen northern lights being referenced in this thread as a sativa. That is incorrect. The northern lights strain has 90% indica genetics in it's background. It is most often refered to as a pure indica despite the fact that 10% of it's genetic make up is in most cases listed as unknown.

12. #53 theromulus, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    Saw this posting I know it's old but just had to comment. I have severe anxiety and panic and I was prescribed a lot of different kinds of medicine. I found that indicas help me better than anything the doctor was prescribing. My doctor agrees whole-heartedly now after seeing the dramatic results. I can function almost normally now and was unable to before the issues were so debilitating.

I have had good luck with LA confidential and Northern Lights. Edibles and tinctures seem to last me a few hours, I use that the most. But when using the edibles I have to take it easy, a little goes a long way and too much can be bad. I have noticed that when vaping just to take a couple of hits and wait a few minutes before using it again. I usually avoid most sativas, they can make me very anxious and panicked if used in the evening, but it's different for everyone so that may not be true for anyone else.

I need to use something pretty much daily, if I skip a day I start feeling everything coming back. It sure beats taking a handfull of pharma poison every day. I don't use any pharma's now, this has made my life great again.

13. harlequin. by far the best for anxiety

14. In general, at least from a cannabis smoking perspective, moderate THC level Sativa strains will in general work the best. You don't want a THC level that is off the wall, i.e. over 15% as the main side effect of THC is ANXIETY.

This is why CBD or Cannabidiol is so important. The best strains for anxiety will have CBD in them. Harlequin would be a great smoke for you; you will not get "stoned" but just feel better. The other approach is to obtain some cannabis tinctures that are alcohol free and have CBD in them. If you have access to the west los angeles collective scene, there are a number of stores that carry CBD rich tinctures; you will love them.

15. I agree, Harlequin as a strain for smoking or one of the cannatonic strains. As a matter of convenience, look for certified CBD containing Cannabis Tinctures

16. I haven't tried Harlequin yet for my anxiety, but I want to soooo bad!! All of the research I did on this strain reveals a consistent high CBD/THC ratio which experts say is perfect for treating chronic pain and anxiety! Apparently CBD doesn't bind to the CB1 or CB2 receptors of the brain and body but rather acts as a blocker/regulator for THC which reduces and in some cases eliminates the negative side effects that some users experience with high levels of THC.

I have seen test results of this strain show up as 10% CBD - 5% THC, 9% CBD - 4% THC, and 5% CBD - 2% THC. All of these combinations can do wonders for my anxiety and yours too according to those patients who have experienced it as well as experts who are currently studying it. My advice is, if you're able to get your hands on some real Harlequin give it a try.

I also read that this is currently a clone only strain so it may be hard to find the original unless you live in Cali or Colorado. Be skeptical if someone says they have Harlequin, they may be trying to pass off an Indica dominant strain with similar effects as the real thing. Do your research! It will be worth it :)

I personally can't wait to find a place to get my hands on a clone of this baby :)))

17. Thanks that is really good to know, now to find some. I am a patient in AZ, we don't have the facilities that CA and CO have and finding clones like that may be harder. But I am certainly going to try.

18. You are correct that using a cannabis product with balanced amounts of CBD/THC or CBD > THC works wonders for anxiety. There are clones around of a number of Rich CBD plants. Also, consider looking on Projectcbd.org for collectives that stock rich CBD tinctures; they work great and they last 8-12 hours after taking 3-5 sprays of the tincture.