Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strain for anxiety disorder?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by andrew256, Jul 12, 2009.

1. That table would make a helpful sticky somewhere..... Good stuff

2. this list is really good. i too suffer from slight anxiety and notice that it goes away as long as im keeping busy. i also just try to not think about things too much (unless required lol). thanks for the list dude.

3. It's different for everyone, some people prefer the indicas for anxiety. I guess you will have to try and see for yoursef.

4. I'm happy to say that Strawberry Cough is abundant here again. I've been burning through an O hard for the last week. Love that stuff.

5. #25 theballast, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010

Thanks Hellaxgood! I have been looking for a list like this!... And personally, Blueberry has also worked for me with treating my anxiety...I'm sure my better half would also agree to that! (LOL!)...:D

6. where can i get proof of this??

7. Everyone who said Thanks!! Thank YOU!!!

8. I have found some qualit Supper Silver Haze, Northern Lights, Jack Herer, Purple Earkle and Bob Marley work absolutly fantastic for deppresion, anxiety and poor motivation.

Some sativa strains of cheese, Headband and G13 are great morning meds. Helps sooth the body, induces hunger specifically. Not just the typical munchies that comes with THC consumption but a true appetite stimulant. These strains also help get you prepared for the day.

9. not sure about you guys saying that sativas are good anti-anxiety medications...true sativas have much more of a reputation of being anxiety-inducing from the racing thoughts they tend to bring about, at least with most folks.

no such thing as a "sativa strain of cheese" fyi ;)

10. this was amazing hellaxgood!
    so much help, dude!
    thanks!:rolleyes:

11. Yes there is, its called "Big Budda Cheese" its not as good but its definitally cheese. But I'm not gonna start a stupid thread war.

12. the original cheese was a selected Skunk #1 phenotype, BBC is a selection/cross thereof...I was just arguing semantics

13. I just grew a strain called Smile.Def. good for a manic antidote.As well as panic attacks.

14. Why do you recommend Smile for mania and anxiety and does it give couchlock? How does it make you feel?

15. It does what prozac should.

Layed back no0t too strong or speedy wouldn't say couchlock, cause I can think on it.Just a good evening, get the munchies in 3 hrs, go to sleep & wake up refreshed buz.

16. here is an item from The International Assn For Marijuana as Medicine news this month. They have a website:
    cannabis medicine International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

* Contact

[Back to Overwiew] [IACM Homepage]

IACM-Bulletin of 13 February 2011

* Science: Cannabidiol improves symptoms of generalized social anxiety disorder in a controlled clinical study
    * News in brief
    * A glimpse @ the past

Science: Cannabidiol improves symptoms of generalized social anxiety disorder in a controlled clinical study

Scientists at the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, investigated the effects of the natural cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) on patients with generalized social anxiety disorder in a simulation public speaking test. Three groups were compared, 12 healthy controls without any medication, 12 patients with anxiety disorder, who received a single dose of CBD (600 mg) and a group of 12 patients, who received a placebo in a double-blind design.

Pre-treatment with CBD significantly reduced anxiety, cognitive impairment and discomfort in the speech performance of patients with social anxiety disorder, and significantly decreased alert in their anticipatory speech. The placebo group presented higher anxiety, cognitive impairment, discomfort, and alert levels when compared with the control group. No significant differences were observed between patients, who had received CBD, and healthy controls in anxiety cores or in the cognitive impairment, discomfort, and alert factors.

(Source: Bergamaschi MM, Queiroz RH, Chagas MH, de Oliveira DC, De Martinis BS, Kapczinski F, Quevedo J, Roesler R, Schröder N, Nardi AE, Martín-Santos R, Hallak JE, Zuardi AW, Crippa JA. Cannabidiol Reduces the Anxiety Induced by Simulated Public Speaking in Treatment-Naïve Social Phobia Patients. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011 Feb 9. [in press])
    >>So they take twelve patients and give them 600 mg of CBD and they perform much better versus those getting a placebo. It's not a big sampling, but it looks pretty good to me. The trick here in the US where those capsules with isolated cannabidiol is not available is getting that much of it. That's damn near a gram of CBD, and strains here in Colorado have maybe 2 % max of CBD. Do the math. To get 600 mg you'd have to ingest a little over an ounce of the best Indica to get that amount.

17. one of the bests strains i tryed for anxiety is a strain called king bubba so far the best BEST strain where it mellows me out perfect also try some of the ogs og works wonders! i wanna try strawberry cough

18. Sativas are terrible for anxiety. i have been to a club that would only sell me indica because i have anxiety. You do NOT want to smoke any of the above strains. Stick with purples, or another indica like OG Kush or Master Kush.

19. #39 JayF, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
    Is nobody else of the opinion that everybody's anxiety works in different ways, is triggered by different thought patterns, situations and psychological states, and thus certain strains are better for some than others?

A while back I was given some AMS (indica/sativa) a friend grew and ended up in hospital with chest pains and a pulse rate of 150. Granted, it was the first time I'd smoked this strain and I over did it a bit, but I've over done it plenty of times before and never ended up like that. I've smoked it since (more carefully) and really not had a good time with it at all.

Super Kush (mostly indica) isn't particularly good for me either (most indica dominant strains aren't), though not to the same extent as AMS. It gives me SERIOUS couchlock (even the next morning) and I just want to be alone, in bed, doing absolutely nothing. Not good.

Conversely, I can smoke as much Moby Dick (mostly sativa) as I like, and while I find it hard to sleep (racing thoughts) I don't feel any anxiety or paranoia. My racing thoughts are mostly enjoyable trippy or introspective stuff, though I do sometimes wish they'd stop and let me sleep.

I don't claim to be an expert on multiple different strains for medicinal purposes; I've mostly smoked various Moroccan hashishes through my 10 year smoking life and only in the last year or so even known what strains any of my weed have been.

When it comes to anxiety I believe that it comes down to what works for you, not what works for everyone else.

20. Blueberry helped me a ton with depression, and headband took my anxiety away a lot better than my shitty xanax