How do you make outdoor plant bud early?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by njhippie, Jul 12, 2009.

1. I don't recommend this method for two reasons. And yes I have done it myself to know. One the sun hitting the garbage bag or can will cook your plant. I don't know how hot it is where you live, but here the sun is shining and hot by 8am. I've had plants badly wilted from just 1/2 hour of sun on the can. The second reason it doesn't work well is because of humidity. The soil is wet, then at night all the condensation builds around your plants and will rot your buds. The best way to do this is to get one of the $70 sun shade things for your patio and hang curtains from the sides with shower curtain rings. Then you just slide the curtain open in the morning and shut at night. You don't cook or rot your plants, and you don't draw attention from neighbors. If anything it makes your grow more stealth. BUT of course this thread is old and it's already time for plants to start budding outdoors, so anything you do would be a waste of time now.

2. Sounds like a better plan than the garbage can. I guess we both learned the hard way with that method. In the future if you ever have to do this, consider the patio sun shade thing I mentioned. It's a pretty easy way to get plants budding early. Almost the same as what you did, but requires was less work. I've been moving plants in and out of a toolshed so I know what a pain in the ass that is.

3. dude just give them one big dose of no light. check your areas light schedule and I guarantee that most plants start before its truly 12/12. God damnit when are people gonna realize that indoor grows dont apply to outdoor rules 12/12 doesnt mean shit. just trick it once real good and then leave it in the sun so you get more food to make bigger buds. Fuck its a weed plant I grow shit thats ten times harder to do right.

4. im growing outside i set mine to flower after a mtr and a bit by covering them up so 12 light 12 of dark so yes u can force flower them outside. and i got 30 plants i topped a few of them and they are growing more bud than the others.

5. :hello: !! I think I've discovered got a trick that works great !!  :hello: 

Hi, im pretty much a noob and got only my first harvest till now but my second batch of plants has started to flower now. So i had a few plants growing in my backyard (quite a sunny place). After a while i removed a few plants because it was getting overcrowded and transferred them into pots. Then i luckily happened to place the pots in a shady place that got around 6 hours of direct sunlight .... and BOOM!! (buds everywhere)

Did the same thing again and it worked again.

My theory is simple : The plants thought winter was coming because they did not get enough sun

Therefore: Plant them outdoors but in pots so that they can be moved to a shady place easily whenever you want them to flower.

(p.s: :smoking: )

6. its called light depo folks.. its a great way to recieve an early harvest.. put ur plants in darkness at 7 o clock at night.. bring them back out at 7 in the morning.. nuff said..

Thats hard work now days Creeper But i used to fuckitup packing bitches all day and night    K know

8. #28 orellej, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    geez, you don't need to cover them at night. if you use a trash can or bag or whatever, put it over the plant a couple hours before dark and take it off after dark. find out your sunset and sunrise and figure out when to cover. if sunrise is seven, cover plants at 6:30 p.m. or so and remove cover when it gets dark and go to sleep, sleep in, go to work, etc. j

Enough for me to say fuck it and wait for it to flower.

10. unless you live where it frosts by the end of august...

11. #31 RetarrrdedTexas, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    duuuhh it's called light dep :)

people have been doing this since the beginning of time...

most of the time you do this by running your veggins clones under 24/0 lights, then you throw them next to a wall, so they get 7-8 hours of direct sunlight, and it's dim enough near dusk that the plant flowers....... old trick...

you can harvest 3 or 4 times outdoors in a year, veg inside perpetually, flower outside next to a wall...

changes your august - november flower season into.... march - november flower season..

12. If your lucky enough to live someplace with warm winters like Southern California you can pull this trick off all year long.. Veg under 24-0 and toss them outside to flower..

13. Thank you for saying it. Tarping is not a problem if you make the hoop/greenhouse/dep properly. Even in 35+mph wind I could still tarp it by myself. No real effort.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409719711.679442.jpg