Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. I am doing autos. They are flowering fine. I can't keep the temps up in the closet the way my house is. My house is 66. So it gets too cold. So I was told to do 24 7 and they are doing great. I might get some loss but it's better than none.

2. @franklinstower You should be fine with autos! Give them all the light you can in their short life! I've heard the more light time the better with autos. Never raised any autos though. Might have to try one soon! :D

3. Subbed dude gonna follow this method for my next grow

4. Do any experienced growers or bontanists have the knowledge to answer my question?
    If you switch to 12/12 when veg is done, wait for flowering to start, then switch back to 18/6, will the plant still continue flowering and finish it's cycle?

We call him Chief Kief now

5. No you will be telling it it's still summer and it will go back into veg and you'll lose your flowers.

6. When can you get an accurate dried weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. If say after a month it would be pretty solid probably but i'd say after two weeks maybe it's close though. Harvest & cure method/area can make a difference in that.

8. Ok, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. My man rumple is a true greenman.
    A talented dude with many great techniques.
    Any thing he teaches is of value.
    Thanks rumple

10. Are you sure you did not try and cure lawn clippings?:D

Just kidding. My grow room is 93 degrees as I write this. My yeild at harvest will suffer but the quality seems to stay the same. The smell should come back after a few days in the jars. If it does not come in for you, then perhaps that is the way your weed smells. Lets hope it has a killer high to go with that bad smell.

Things that can effect smell/flavor are strain, nutrients, flowering time, overall health. You should have the best answers to why your weed smells like uh... weeds.
    Keep at it my brotha. Things only get better when it comes to growing bud. If it gets you high, then give thanks for that and move on to the next grow.

That is the most inspirational thing I've ever read about growing.

"Keep at it my brotha. Things only get better when it comes to growing bud. If it gets you high, then give thanks for that and move on to the next grow." -Rumpleforeskin

Truly words of the wise. Thanks Rump. This process is curing my first harvested plant as we speak. I'm ecstatic to smoke my own grown for the first time ever!!

11. I just got Speedy Chile seeds in the mail and gunna try 'em outdoor this year. Says they should finish in Sept. this would be great for me 'cause Oct is Hot Rod Reunion and going to the Drags is how I screwed up my cure in '13. Not around to do the right  cure sucked.

12. #1552 Noobgrowe, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    I

Attached Files:

13. Still spitting white pistils, it could prolly go a bit longer...I'm not an expert by any means, but if you aren't going by trichs I'd say giver another week

Take a look at my first grow - Northern Light Blue by Delicious Seeds
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1354269-My-first-grow---Norther-Lights-Blue-by-delicious-312-watt-CFL-grow
    Still spitting white pistils, it could prolly go a bit longer...I'm not an expert by any means, but if you aren't going by trichs I'd say giver another week

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1354269-My-first-grow---Norther-Lights-Blue-by-delicious-312-watt-CFL-grow

14. Thanks and that looks sexy

Sent from Jesus

15. Thanks man!! So does yours!! Bet she will be a nice smoke!!

Thanks man!! So does yours!! Bet she will be a nice smoke!!

16. I'd say a lil longer..... have you flushed? The leaves should be standing out, not drooped down like they are. Can't tell but it could be from over or under watering. It's better to be a lil later then early, buds swell at the end of life. I can tell by looking because the buds go from like a clean sugar dusting to more of a........Like a dirty sugar dusting if that makes sense. The hairs will also start to retract. Not a pro by no means but hope this helps. Looking at the trichs is number one though!

17. I'm using a hempy bucket so can't over water but I am flushing. I did notice a small swell in the buds

Sent from Jesus

18. They do look like they've plumped up. I'd let the hairs retract a bit if it was me. If the buds feel solid though, you can pull it. Just remember how long you let it go, so next time you can change to your liking if needed. Have to be the same strain of course. Good luck!

19. Here are a few pics of my current (first indoor) grow. I think she's got about 2-3 weeks left....hoping for a nice yield. I will flush her when Amber trichs are about 10%. Hoping to get 50:50 cloudy to Amber trichs when cured.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483854.487747.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483875.393408.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483893.339858.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483922.680421.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483939.476523.jpg

Here are a few pics of my current (first indoor) grow. I think she's got about 2-3 weeks left....hoping for a nice yield. I will flush her when Amber trichs are about 10%. Hoping to get 50:50 cloudy to Amber trichs when cured.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483854.487747.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483875.393408.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483893.339858.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483922.680421.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427483939.476523.jpg